MAME 0.119u2 was released on 29 September 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Atari Ace changed the gfx_decode structures so that they are defined abstractly by macros rather than directly specifying the structures. Added new macros GFXDECODE_START/GFXDECODE_ENTRY/GFXDECODE_END to describe the gfx_decode information. Converted all drivers over to using the new macros.
- Wilbert Pol fixed vaportra to use an ASSERT/CLEAR mechanism instead of PULSE_LINE for interrupt signally.
- sonikos cleaned up the input ports in sg1000a.c. Added DIP switch for the coins in dokidoki and service switch. Added DIP switch for flip screen in psychic5.
- Brian Troha cleaned up the input port for macrossp.c driver and adds dip locations.
- Brian Troha added dip locations and changed the Japanese inputs into PORT_INCLUDE and PORT_MODIFY.
- Atari Ace added macros to clean up definitions of the discrete sound interfaces. At the same time, made them all const.
- David Haywood made some miscellaneous changes to the megatech driver.
- 686 made more srmp6 improvements.
- Ernesto Corvi contributed two small Model 2 fixes:
- fixed triangle parser; all objects should be structurally correct now
- fixed normal transform to not use the translation vectors
- Atari Ace cleaned up code to make code and data static where possible and remove some dead code.
- R. Belmont and ElSemi made SCSP improvements:
- fixed issue with changing the pitch of an active voice set to backwards or bidirectional loop
- removed fake reverb
- fixed internal DSP to operate properly
- rewrote timers and interrupt handling
- fixed operation when 2 SCSPs are present
- R. Belmont fixed sound in almost all SCSP-equipped Model 2 games.
- R. Belmont added sound hardware and fixed sound ROM loading in Model 3 games.
- Nathan Woods created an options_output_diff_ini_file() API, which is similar to options_output_ini_file(), but only outputs the options which are different than a base core_options. Changed INI outputting (and hence the -cc option) to omit headers that do not contain any options.
- Aaron Giles renamed the old gfx_decode structure to gfx_decode_entry in order to catch remaining/new drivers that aren't using the new macros.
- Aaron Giles changed profiler so that it is independently selected versus the debug build. Built with MAME_PROFILER=1 to enable the profiler on a non-debug build.
- Aaron Giles fixed MIPS3 disassembly of j/jal instructions.
- Aaron Giles switched MIPS3 64-bit DRC over to new system that is more aggressive about register allocation and mapping. Sadly, there is little to no obvious performance benefit, but the resulting code is better organized.
- Aaron Giles fixed nasty x86emit bug involving 16-bit opcodes on 64-bit systems.
- Aaron Giles created new generic x86/x64 logging system x86log, and updated both MIPS3 DRC cores to use it.
- Aaron Giles created new generic DRC frontend management. Future work involves retooling the MIPS3 frontend around this new architecture.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING