MAME 0.120u1 was released on 24 October 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- stephh documented information about the various Cannonball sets.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli hooked up the roz layer, fg layer and sprites to f1gpb. Still missing some video offsets, oki banking and sprites priority.
- stephh contributed updates for the dominob.c driver:
- fixed dip switches
- fixed inputs
- added a couple of notes
- Jim Stolis updated the peplus driver and related components:
- added internal layouts for the games
- fixed several i8051 issues:
- Fixed a bug with some opcodes having the wrong cycle counts
- Fixed a bug where determining the proper timer mode
- Fixed a bug where determining the proper serial transmit mode
- Added support for split timer mode
- couriersud and Aaron Giles improved the multiprocessor Voodoo performance by reducing contention during rendering. Extended the system to allow for more overlap between rendering and emulation.
- R. Belmont fixed a crash in the input system when you configure joypads and then unplug them and press Esc on the system info screen.
- Atari Ace defined strict types for CPU and sound chips. Removed unnecessary cpu_ prefix from several structure members.
- Wilbert Pol fixed the m4510 cpu core from not updating the instruction cycle counter.
- Wilbert Pol fixed memory accesses for m6509 the instructions 91 and b1.
- couriersud and Vas Crabb changed osdcore.h to include osinline.h and allow for external inline definitions of synchronization primitives. Also added a new work queue hint WORK_QUEUE_FLAG_HIGH_FREQ which indicates that we should spin aggressively waiting for new items.
- R. Belmont fixed a corner case in the SCSP involving timers which are polled with their IRQ enable shut off.
- Phil Stroffolino contributed a Namco System 21 update:
- namconb1 sprites no longer broken
- fixed missing 3d gfx in Cybersled
- gradient colors in starblade
- more accurate depth cueing
- fixed crash in 2nd stage of Starblade
- fixed lockups in Air Combat and Solvalou
- fixes to sprite priority (see Solvalou mountain range)
- hooked up translucency (palette shift) effect
- Aaron Giles changed Model 2 rendering to use pre-clipped Z values for sorting.
- Aaron Giles properly identified bill inputs in Midway Y-unit driver games.
- Aaron Giles added more instrumentation and added some extra paranoia to the winwork code.
- Aaron Giles fixed some incorrect code in the ADSP2100 external flag handling.
- Aaron Giles created a new module polynew.c which combines triangle setup, rasterization, and Voodoo-like multiprocessor support. Converted Gaelco3D, Midway V-Unit, Namco System 22, and Voodoo drivers over to the new system.
- Aaron Giles added a threadid parameter to work item callbacks. This allows for keeping per-thread information by the callbacks.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING