MAME 0.122u1 was released on 23 December 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles contributed Zeus updates:
- Figured out data format of 2 matrix form.
- Extracted data for lights.
- Added backface culling which mostly works but fails sometimes, so it is disabled.
- Started on some initial lighting calculations.
- Cleaned up zeus wave RAM accessors.
- Changed rendering code to allow for greater parallelism on multicore systems.
- Removed some vestigial zeus 2 hacks.
- Reduced visible area to remove artifacts.
- Made right/bottom vertices inclusive to fix some gapping issues.
- Fixed invasn lightgun offset.
- Zeus 2 hardware:
- Fixed ROM loading, added banking support.
- Separated zeus 2 video implementation from zeus implementation.
- Implemented direct pixel accesses; enough to get startup screens to show.
- Hooked up ZPRAM.
- Fixed digital inputs for crusnexo.
- Fixed default screen parameters to match the games.
- David Haywood and Tomasz Slanina made Afega/nmk16 cleanups:
- Merged afega.c and nmk16.c drivers
- Removed many hacks from both.
- Fixed a number of games
- Philip Bennett fixed the C219 sample read order and implemented sign+magnitude format. Removed GAME_IMPERFECT_SOUND flag from all Namco NA-1 games.
- Aaron Giles fixed ROM-based DCS2 system to ignore HLE transfers. (Fixes broken sound in invasn.) Properly reduced internal memory on the ADSP-2104 variants.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug that would cause events to leak through to the game when the debugger was up.
- Corrado Tomaselli verified some cpu clocks of original boards using a frequency counter:
- Changed Success Joe Ym2203 clock from 3mhz to 4mhz
- Changed Pang M6295 clock from 990khz to 1Mhz
- Changed Halley Comet main cpu clock to 1.664mhz (it's not a mistake, the clock is very low)
- Besides confirming clocks on some games, I modified:
- Aerofighters and Turbo Force sound z80 to 5mhz
- Midnight Resitance 68k cpu to 10mhz (20mhz crystal) and modified m6295 clock to 1mhz. Also confirmed pin 7 is high. (Midnight resistance has a lot of slow downs on the pcb too)
- Atari Ace made minor "code quality" improvements:
- fixed some remaining static/const qualifier missed cases
- fixed some missing #include "foo.h"
- a few global names were modified to make them less generic/more consistent (voodoo.c, vrender0.c, lethal.c, rungun.c, zac2650.c)
- some dead/useless code was removed (i8051.c,model1.c,romcmp.c)
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added