MAME 0.122u4 was released on 7 January 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles corrected btoads clocks according XTALs on the PCB.
- Nicola Salmoria "simplified" the MC8123 decryption, though it's still more complicated than he'd like it to be.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed bking3 clocks as per Guru readme. Added GAME_WRONG_COLORS flag to bking3.
- Aaron Giles added TMS34020 fixes:
- Allowed 32-bit pixel sizes
- Fixed RPIX instruction
- Aaron Giles added a new function input_poll_keyboard_switches to poll for only key events. Expanded the size of the maximum simultaneously pressed switches.
- Philip Bennett removed GAME_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS from all jpmimpct games bar Cluedo (see driver note).
- couriersud made mario driver improvements:
- Hooked up flipscreen
- Changed monitor orientation to ROT0
- couriersud added Z80 DMA chip
- only implements intelligence to emulate dkong3
- fixed a misleading comment in 8257dma.h
- couriersud made dkong driver improvements:
- hooked up z80dma
- removed 2nd player inputs from sdbk input_ports
- fixed some dump "copy/paste" bugs in dip locations
- Brian Troha added redumped Turkey USA to the seta2.c driver.
- Aaron Giles made Atari updates:
- Added save state support to slapstic.
- Added save state support to YM2413.
- Modified slapstic code to support address range mirrors.
- Cleaned up Rampart driver:
- simplified rendering code
- full memory map
- added save state support
- kingshriek implemented decent-sounding FM in the SCSP.
- R. Belmont, Samuele Zannoli, and ElSemi updated the Naomi driver, now boots and shows some test menus (press F2 to get into test, use 9 to navigate). Also hooked up ROM board PIO and skeleton for DMA.
- SGINut made N64 improvements:
- Move texture masking to occur after coordinate adjustment
- Fix 32-bit texturing in load_tile (Mario Kart 64 title screen)
- Add zero-alpha early-out (Mario 64 trees/stars, Mario Kart 64 trees/karts)
- couriersud made ad2083 improvements:
- completed tms5110A code
- working speech synthesis
- documented analysis done on pcb pictures and findings
- as a consequence, marked all sound roms as BAD DUMP
- created sound driver in scramble.c
- Atari Ace cleaned up graphics layouts in preparation for a new format. Added new GFXLAYOUT_RAW() macro to normalize definition. Added new validation code. Made all remaining instances of gfx_layouts const.
- Dirk Best updated the Amiga driver to use formal XTALs.
- Wilbert Pol changed the 6522 emulation such that when writing to the ACR register with the timer 1 in continuous counting mode, the timer 1 value should not be reloaded but keep on counting.
- James Wallace added XTAL defines to bfm_sc2.c and cleaned up lvcards.c.
- David Haywood and Aaron Giles added a default layout to neogeo games allowing for either cropping or stretching to the alternate 304x224 layout. Removed default cropping in the driver.
- Aaron Giles fixed a crash when saving state of older DCS-based games. Added save state support to the midvunit driver.
- Bryan McPhail made major improvements in the Cycle Warriors video code (still not perfect, but road layer works now).
- couriersud completed a major rewrite of skychut.c. There are still some glitches and it is not perfect but the following has been achieved:
- adds samples to ipm invaders - just rename your old invaders samples to ipminvad to test
- added - amongst others - "capsule" dip switch to ipm invaders
- sound ports identified
- demo sound and cabinet type driver configuration
- Jim Stolis updated the memory configuration for Superboard game versions in peplus driver. Fixes CMOS DATA errors on reload.
- Philip Bennett added sound to Cycle Warriors and Big Fight. Corrected OKI M6295 clock values.
- Zsolt Vasvari fixed missing arrow in Venture on the zoomed out map, and the incorrect fading twister in Hard Hat.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added