MAME 0.122u6 was released on 17 January 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Tomasz Slanina cleaned up the Swinging Singles driver:
- hooked up crt6845
- converted to tilemaps
- simplified protection(?) emulation
- removed tilemap, a bit more low level video hw emulation
- fake colors
- Zsolt Vasvari lowerd the FPS in lasso.c to avoid corrupting Chameleon's high score table.
- Aaron Giles removed obsolete uitext.c and all references to it.
- Zsolt Vasvari made some more modernization/clean-up in the exidy driver.
- Zsolt Vasvari added VIDEO_ALWAYS_UPDATED for reliable collision detection in the CVS driver.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up the astinvad driver:
- Proper video timing
- Hooked up 8255 PPIs
- Correct interrupt timing
- Consolidated code into single file
- couriersud made i8039.c/mario.c updates:
- fixed movd instructions
- add MB8884 and M58715 cpu types
- moved timer hack to M58715
- added ram_mask for internal ram access
- added R.A11 as 'M' to dasm flags
- added EA "IO" port
- mario now uses M58715 as sound cpu
- hooked up EA line for M58715
- fixed portA startup value
- documented hardware changes to use a I8039 on a mario board
- couriersud reverted the promsize in sauro.c to 256 for trckydoc
- Aaron Giles cleaned up the cojag/jaguar driver:
- proper video timing, configured by the chipset
- 32-bit rendering, removing 16bpp hacks
- support for borders
- proper object processor timing, including multiple passes per line
- added R3041 as a clone of the R3000
- fixed XTALs based on documentation
- Zsolt Vasvari consolidated the exidy and victory drivers. Removed complicated dirty tracking from victory.c. Reorganized the exidy audio hardware code. Changed Targ to use a loaded PROM instead of a hard-coded one. Renamed Side Trak to Side Track as per the title screen.
- Zsolt Vasvari made 6821 PIA changes:
- Added orthogonal accessors
- Removed hacky update_shared_irq_handler(), now the same IRQ callback maybe called multiple times, but this shouldn't be a problem
- IRQ lines are cleared on a reset
- Zsolt Vasvari disabled code in the TMS5220 that set the Buffer Empty flag after a stop frame. This fixes Victory. This might be the incorrect fix but the old code wasn't working either.
- Aaron Giles hooked up the revx dcs reset line. Signaled IRQ on correct CPU when DCS sends data back (duh).
- kingshriek removed a unnecessary check that could cause SCSP hangs in grdforce.
- David Haywood tweaked the deco156 clock speed to be 28 to prevent the games from running in slow motion. I suspect the 156 chip has an internal multiplier, the usual input pin is 7Mhz IIRC.
- couriersud made dkong.c changes:
- added equivalence circuit for Sanyo EZV audio amplifier
- Set DK_C159 = 0 to avoid over-aggressive high-pass filter. Solely based on observations.
- added comment on above to source
- Added define DK_NO_FILTERS to turn of DAC filters and post-mixer filters for debugging
- Brian Troha added dips for Water Balls. Adds dip port locations to all dips.
- Aaron Giles added CPUINFO_INT_CLOCK_MULTIPLIER to support CPU clock multipliers. Updated all CPU cores to return a CPUINFO_INT_CLOCK_MULTIPLIER of 1. Changed the core to actually respect both CPUINFO_INT_CLOCK_MULTIPLIER and CPUINFO_INT_CLOCK_DIVIDER. Updated a number of drivers to use cpunum_get_clock() instead of Machine->drv->cpu* x.clock. Raw input clock speeds should now be specified for all CPUs in the MACHINE_DRIVER.
- Zsolt Vasvari changed TLC43076 and games using it to RGB32. Removed global Machine variable where possible.
- Zsolt Vasvari removed dirtybuffer from video/generic.c and all drivers still using it. Good riddance... Removed videoram_w, colorram_w and spriteram_w and changed all drivers using it to access RAM directly. Removed videoram_r, colorram_r, spriteram_r, spriteram16_r and spriteram16_w from video/generic.c and changed all games to use (possibly shared) RAM.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up memory maps in the seibu sound interfaces. Changed to use shared sound configs instead of statically copying them in each driver.
- Corrado Tomaselli verified and changed cpu frequencies and oki m6295 pin 7 on the following pcbs: Asuka&Asuka, Cadash, Equites h/w games and sound board, F1GP, Super Formula, Gladiator, Ping Pong king, Great Swordsman, Irem m52 sound board, Tropical Angel, Explosive Breakers, Magical Crystal, Mad Gear, Roller Aces, Chinese Hero, Simpsons, Golfing Greats, Time Pilot 84.
- Atari Ace added some more static qualifiers on recent new/changed code.
- Mamesick fixed the dbreed72 crash introduced in 0.122u5.
- Zsolt Vasvari hand fixed Road Runner's corrupted ROM. We are 99.99% sure that the bad bytes are the same as the Desert Gun ones.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up leland clocks a little. Made the i186 divide-by-2 clock internal.
- Aaron Giles added clocks to the MCR sound boards and some of the MCR games. Added TMS5220 variants TMS5200 and TMC0285 as proper chips. Changed MCR squawk & talk to use the TMS5200 as documented.
- Zsolt Vasvari cleaned up the Crazy Baloon driver: proper memory maps, crystals, etc. Implemented the missing features of the collision detector custom IC.
- smf first pass at fixing the cpu clock speeds on the playstation based hardware. The system 10 & 12 clock speeds have been raised as they run on an upgraded chipset. The internal divide in the CPU core has been set to 4 as we have no wait states, incorrect dma timing, no gpu timing, no dma bus stealing and no gte timing.
- David Haywood removed speedups in the gstream and limenko drivers which were breaking the games.
- couriersud fixed regression on i8039 T1 counter mode.
- Aaron Giles added CUSTOM_INPUT macro for defining input port callbacks. Pushed its usage throughout the code.
- couriersud changed phoenix and its clones:
- video timing from schematics
- palette from schematics (resnet.h)
- no more colortable
- added save state
- SGINut made minor RSP fixes:
- Fixed accumulator state on powerup by testing against real hardware
- Fixed single-step behavior by testing against real hardware
- Aaron Giles fixed up atetris memory maps and clocks according to schematics.
- neoforma added targ and spectar to TinyMAME.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING