MAME 0.124 was released on 24 March 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Zsolt Vasvari fixed sprite wrapping in bbusters -- this is used on the gun calibration screen, at least. The game still hangs on a black screen after service mode is turned off. Even exiting MAME and restarting doesn't fix it, so it's probably a EEPROM issue.
- Nicola Salmoria added placeholder effects for cymbal and hihat to equites.c. These will need further work to properly emulate the discrete circuitry.
- Curt Coder cleaned cidelsa driver up to the latest spec.
- Nicola Salmoria added NVRAM to Gekisou. Fixed inputs and promoted to working.
- Aaron Giles explicitly fixed unmapped handler masks so that we don't report all unmapped addresses as 0.
- Aaron Giles centralized definitions of _WIN32_WINNT. Removed malloc/calloc/realloc/free link-time overrides; we now rely exclusively on compile-time overrides. Made a few tweaks toward getting mingw-w64 working, but there are still linker issues.
- Aaron Giles changed xmlfile.c to pass in memory handlers to expat so that our memory overrides are properly managed.
- Zsolt Vasvari fixed a crospang.c regression. Not sure why this needed to be RGB15, works fine with INDEXED16.
- R. Belmont fixed the case when no SCSI device exists (e.g. running the sys573 BIOS directly).
- R. Belmont got most of the Konami PPC games running again.
- Zsolt Vasvari changed crystal.c from RGB15 to RGB32. RGB15 is not enough bits to hold the 5-6-5 colorspace.
- Zsolt Vasvari converted dgpix and eolith to INDEXED16. Removed temp bitmaps. Changed ugly recursive video RAM code.
- Zsolt Vasvari removed RGB15 in ddz -- it's a "skeleton" driver, so why have it?
- Zsolt Vasvari added PALETTE_INIT functions to video\generic.c for common 16-bit RGB patterns.
- Zsolt Vasvari converted f-32, kinst, lethalj, ultrsprt, gamecstl, taitowlf to use INDEXED16.
- Zsolt Vasvari added an option in MC6845 to programatically set the clock pin. This is needed by at least one MESS driver. Added mc6845_set_hpixels_per_column() for the Hercules gfx adapter.
- Aaron Giles fixed video timing in xtheball. Still don't know why it changed recently, but the new parameters reproduce the old values.
- Dirk Best removed unnecessary assert in video.c that broke screenless games.
- Derrick Renaud changed the zombraid gun input ports to work with the calibrated settings.
- Aaron Giles added a validity check to ensure input port tags don't have duplicates. Fixed several drivers where there were duplicates.
- RansAckeR blockhl.c, blockout.c: Added dip locations, fixed unknown dip switches.
- James Wallace removed improper use of PERIODIC_INT in mpu4, to use new timer devices. Also corrected 50Hz timer in MPU4 Video games.
- Atari Ace fixed a bug in tx1.c spotted by new compiler warnings in gcc 4.3.0.
- Atari Ace contributed another batch of pedantic static/const/include fixes.
- Aaron Giles redid video timing in orbit with raw parameters. Added full memory map and a few other cleanups.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added