MAME 0.125u6 was released on 17 June 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles changed the MIPS3 recompiler:
- added UML comments for common state variables
- removed some unused fields
- implemented LL/LLD/SC/SCD (only works single-processor for now)
- Tomasz Slanina added sound emulation to Wily Tower, Atomic Boy and Fighting Basketball.
- ElSemi made progress on protection simulation for 2 Crystal System titles. Still not working.
- Aaron Giles created common virtual TLB managment module. Updated MIPS and PowerPC code to make use of it.
- Curt Coder added a validity check against reading input ports at init time.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up software bilinear filtering code. Added bounds checking. Enabled by default for snapshots and movie rendering.
- Aaron Giles added a new option: -snapsize, which lets you specify the target resolution for snapshots and movies. The existing behavior is still the default: create snapshots and movies at native pixel resolutions.
- Aaron Giles added a new option: -snapview, which lets you specify a particular view to use for rendering snapshots and movies. The existing behavior is still the default: use a special internal view and render each screen to its own snapshot in its own file. When using this option to specify a view other than 'internal', only a single snapshot file will be produced regardless of how many screens the game has.
- Aaron Giles improved AVI and MNG recording to properly duplicate/skip frames as appropriate to keep the correct framerate.
- Aaron Giles added a new function video_get_view_for_target() which selects a view based on a command-line parameter and the configuration. Changed Windows OSD code to use this instead of its own logic. Changed -snapview to share the logic as well, enabling 'auto' as a -snapview option.
- Wilbert Pol renamed the "Nintendo z80gb" cpu core to "Sharp LR35902".
- Aaron Giles changed the UML:
- reactivated back-end validation mechanism
- added back-end validation for ADD/SUB/MUL/DIV/CMP forms
- fixed several errors in dealing with more obscure flag combinations
- Yasuhiro Ogawa made konamigx frequency tweaks:
- set screen refresh rate to 58Hz (parameters from developer manual are not 100% correct)
- removed sound CPU clock hack
- Guru set the tecmosys screen refresh rate to measured 57.4458Hz.
- Oliver Stoenberg added missing machine parameters and removed deprecat.h usage in a number of drivers/ and machine/ files.
- Corrado Tomaselli changed all games after Street Fighter 2 CE to have a 12mhz clock. Verified on Megaman and Quiz and dragons (original kits with plastic case). I am resonably sure all the other games after ST2CE have the DASH cps1 board with 12mhz clock.
- Fabio Puiuli converted many drivers in the d-j alphabetical range to use input_port_read() instead of input_port_read_indexed().
- sonikos made ddragon3 driver cleanups/fixes:
- Fixed the mess dips location in ctribe
- Added dips location in all sets of ddragon3
- Added the missing dips (now are 8x2) on ctribe,ctribe1,ctribeb, ctribb2 and ddrago3b
- Fixed the "Stage Clear Energy" dips in ctribe
- Adjusted the frame rate from 60hz to around 57 as reported on mametester ID 00417
- Adjusted OKI frequency to 1.000mhz (according to recording on mametester ID 00181)
- Adjusted the ddragon3 & ctribe volume (according to recording on mametester ID 00181 and 01441)
- nuapete made some protection improevements for vgoalsoc / tecmo world cup 98.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING