MAME 0.125u9 was released on 3 July 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont changed the SH2 core:
- refactored to separate out things that aren't part of the interpreter.
- converted context struct to go through a pointer
- Aaron Giles updated the MIPS3 recompiler:
- don't generate compare interrupts unless the compare register was written to; fixes hangs in blitz, calspeed, and others
- stash jump target address before executing delay slot; also, don't update link register until delay slot has finished executing; fixes hang in gauntleg
- marked IDT instructions for R4650 only
- accounted for time taken in throwaway likely branch slots
- fixed jalr to respect the correct link register
- fixed c.eq, c.lt, c.le to fail if unordered
- fixed swxc1, sdxc1 to use the correct source register (fixes many Gauntlet problems)
- fixed CCR31 display in debugger
- fixed LWXC1/LDXC1; corrects gauntleg camera
- Aaron Giles changed how watchpoints work so that supporting them adds 0 overhead unless some are actually live.
- Aaron Giles removed calls to memory_set_context() in favor of cpuintrf_push_context().
- Aaron Giles fixed 32031 so that it doesn't call the debugger if not enabled.
- Nathan Woods fixed assertion in astring.c when compiled against MSVC and the string is UTF-8.
- kanikani updated Night Striker:
- Added World version as new parent (nightstr)
- Renamed already-supported US version to nghtstru
- Added Japanese version (nghtstrj)
- Removed unnecessary analog input remapping
- Added analog stick adjusting port
- kanikani added diplocations to all games in taito_z.c.
- Aaron Giles split the ADSP2100 execution loop between debug/non-debug.
- R. Belmont improved behavior of PGM on big-endian. The ARM7 boots properly now but can't sync with the 68k for some reason.
- Lord Nightmare updated the S14001A core: improved filtering to be more accurate to the chip, changed internal audio renderer to produce 4 bit sound as the real chip does. Moved filter outside of the main rendering loop into the glue code. Note: with this update, you may hear a whining noise that was not previously present. This is accurate to the chip! The real chip would almost always have an analog filter placed on its output to suppress this whine.
- Aaron Giles fixed some save state problems in the DCS driver. Still comes out garbled on a load, however. Extended memory.c to support up to 4096 banks.
- Roberto Fresca made improvements to the Cal Omega driver:
- Unified MACHINE_RESET for systems 903/904/905.
- Created a new handler to manage the first 4 bits of system 905's PIA1 portB as input mux selector (905 is still not working)
- Updated technical notes.
- Aaron Giles fixed the incorrect assumption in the x86/x64 implementation of HASHJMP that the base table for a mode will always be allocated when a fixed mode is first used.
- Tomasz Slanina added preliminary emulation of video hardware (simple blitter) in Strip Teaser.
- stephh updated tumbleb.c:
- updated Dip Switches for 'wlstar' and 'wondl96'
- added notes for these 2 games and updated some others
- added port tags and updated memory definitions and read handlers
- ShimaPong updated the cheat system:
- Roll back older periodic function. Now standard/old format work in this function, otherwords, several operations which doesn't exist in older function and added recently are now disabled
- Separated load_cheat_code() to 3 indipendent functions and added new cheat options, "Load New/Standard/Old Format Code" (Default : load all format codes). NOTE : delete all cheat options in the database before start or reload default options (Shift + Reload key) in cheat general menu
- Added format strings structure to accept huge size strings in loading a database to prevent from breaking other strings
- Changed Link in new format. Label code is now "Link-Label" and sub-label is "Label-Sub-Link" "Standard-Link" is no longer label
- Added choose_label_index() to manage label selection
- Fixed build_label_index_table() to prevent from crashing and disabled to build label index table in case of standard/old format
- Fixed memory free problem in case of standard/old code
- Fixed several reported/found bugs
- stephh cleaned up input handling in seta.c and bigevglf.c.
- David Haywood added rom loading for the cadillacs & dinosaurs sets with PICs, and for several similar punisher sets. No good dumps of the PICs exist, and this is mainly for reference so that we don't forget the graphic rom loading on them. They don't work. They're basically the same set from different PCBs, so one will probably be removed eventually.
- HeadKaze fixed a memory leak in ledutil.c.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING