MAME 0.126u2 was released on 24 July 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles robustified key behavior when the debugger is visible. Should now properly ignore the "break into debugger" keypress and not allow related characters to filter through. Removed some hacks related to making that work in the past.
- Aaron Giles changed osd_wait_for_debugger() to take a machine parameter and a "firsttime" parameter, which is set to 1 the first time the function is called after a break. The Windows debugger uses this to ensure that the debugger has focus when you break into it.
- Brian Troha changed short names for STV BIOS back to single words.
- Brian Troha added information on how to toggle the built-in speedup in Ms Pacman or the fast shot in Galaga in 20pacgal.
- Aaron Giles removed MDRV_SOUND_ADD. Renamed MDRV_SOUND_ADD_TAG to MDRV_SOUND_ADD. All sound chips must now include a tag. Changed all existing drivers to define a unique tag for each sound chip.
- ElSemi fixed incorrect i960 behavior when generating interrupts.
- Aaron Giles changed -listxml to now output the tag names for CPUs and sound chips.
- Aaron Giles added validity checks to ensure no duplicate sound or CPU tags. Fixed several duplicates.
- Aaron Giles changed MDRV_CPU_ADD to require a tag. Removed MDRV_CPU_ADD_TAG. Tagged all CPUs.
- ElSemi fixed TGP / Model 2:
- TGP now correctly uses table roms (model1/2 updated accordingly)
- removed FIFO hack on srallyc (game now runs)
- added analog ports reading for model 2A/B/C
- fixed some loading instructions in the TGP. that fixes srallyc automatic transmission bug
- David Haywood merged CPU0 and 1 memory maps in flower, improved interrupt generation
- Andrew Gardner rewrote the Dsp56156 Disassembler:
- Rearranged decoding behavior.
- Updated code style to MAME standards.
- Tested each single-word opcode with custom ROMs.
- Aaron Giles changed Laserdiscs to be devices. Updated all drivers accordingly.
- Aaron Giles merged memory maps in battlnts, bbusters, bigevglf, bigstrkb, and bionicc.
- Aaron Giles added new functions attotime_to_ticks() and ticks_to_attotime() to convert between attotimes and a clock tick at an integral frequency.
- Aaron Giles changed the 6532 RIOT device into a proper device. Rewrote the logic to be simpler and leverage the new attotime functions. Changed the I/O port setters to specify a mask, and changed the I/O port callbacks to pass in the previous value. Updated tourtabl and gameplan drivers to use the new device interface.
- Aaron Giles converted audio/starwars.c, audio/exidy.c, and audio/gottlieb.c to use the new RIOT implementation instead of rolling their own.
- Aaron Giles began gottlieb.c cleanup. Converted palette calculations to resistor weights. Corrected video timing. Reduced the number of separate machine drivers. Fixed incorrect spriteram sizes. Populated full memory maps for the main CPU and the rev 1 sound board. More to come.
- Miodrag Milanovic fixed the 8257 DMA terminal count stop for autoload mode and added callback function existance check.
- Fabio Priuli completed the removal of all explicit calls to input_port_read_indexed().
- Olivier Galibert converted tinklpit keycus implementation from a table to a LFSR.
- Atari Ace made the initialization of various Konami PPC drivers consistent from run to run, hopefully fixing most multisession issues. Also moved some allocations from static to dynamic storage.
- Aaron Giles made input_port_read_indexed() private to machine/generic.c. Eventually it will probably disappear altogether. Fixed the two remaining instances.
- Fabio Priuli converted a number of drivers from A-C to using tagged input ports, and AM_PORT_READ in the address maps.
- Fabio Priuli added DIP locations to a large number of drivers: bwidow.c, bzone.c, bestleag, blackt96, bogeyman, bombjack, boogwing, bottom9, brkthru, darwin, buggychl, squaitsa, btime, bnj, lnc, zoar, disco, cabal, canyon, cbuster, cclimber, swimmer and guzzler.
- Aaron Giles made DIP switch renderings consistent regardless of UI aspect.
- Atari Ace moved more items out of .data by either applying const, removing the non-zero initializer (if its overwritten by init/reset) or by adding appropriate initialization code.
- Atari Ace removed conditional logging code in favor of allowing the compiler to optimize it out. This prevents bitrot of #ifdef'ed code.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING