MAME 0.128u1 was released on 23 October 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Curt Coder added MC6845 changes:
- Added cursor and display enable skewing.
- Added preliminary support for SY6545-1's transparent addressing mode.
- Hsync should be pulsed even when vsync is active.
- David Haywood removed per-game hacks from CPS3 (moved to DMA callback in SH2 core). Removed Speedups from CPS3 / PsikyoSH, while they do still give a decent speed boost they're not really needed with the DRC and just clutter the code.
- JohnBoy added minor NeoGeo cleanups.
- Andrew Gardner rewrote the Motorola DSP56k CPU core:
- Complete rewrite focusing on legibility and extensibility.
- 27/121 opcodes (mostly) implemented.
- Bugfix for reset status of interrupt priority bits.
- Bugfix for disassembly of register-to-register parallel data move.
- Added additional branch, move and bitfield ops.
- Plygonet now passes its memory test and uploads a new program.
- Implemented tst, or, jsr, rti, tst2, and 2 new movec ops.
- Added opbase handler to plygonet.c
- Phil Bennett increased cubeqst interleave factor to eliminate LDP timeout countdown flicker.
- Guru added redumped B-Rap Boys sample ROMs.
- R. Belmont fixed C75 BIOS loading for big-endian targets.
- stephh updated tnzs.c driver:
- Renamed sets:
- 'tnzsjn' -> 'tnzsj'
- 'tnzsj' -> 'tnzsjo'
- 'kagekia' -> 'kagekih'
- Fixed Dip Switches for all games (2 remaining unknown Dips in 'plumppop' and 'jpopnics' though).
- Added many notes.
- Angelo Salese contributed Small cleanups to the ST-V driver. Made some work for magzun, still not working.
- kingshriek fixed sample addressing for the full 8 MB in the AICA core.
- couriersud and Jim Stolis overhauled the MCS51/I8051 core:
- Improved serial port timing.
- Better infrastructure for adding more variants like DS5002.
- Fixed port reading.
- Rewrote Macros for better readibility.
- Fixed and rewrote Interrupt handling.
- Now returns INTERNAL_DIVIDER, adjusted cycle counts.
- Removed unnecessary and duplicated code.
- Removed unnecessary functions.
- Rewrote to have sfr-registers stored in int_ram.
- Debugger may now watch sfr-registers as well.
- Implemented interrupt callbacks (HOLD_LINE now supported).
- Runtime switch for processor type - removed ifdefs.
- Internal memory maps for internal rom versions (internal ram now displayed in debugger).
- More timer cleanups from manual.
- Fixed timer 2 interrupts.
- Implemented serial mode 2/3 rx and tx clock handling.
- Remaining games checked and adapted to changes in cpu core.
- Cardline still broken. Exact and complete cpu name needed.
- Added more variants 803X, 80CXX, AT89C4051.
- Fixed segas18.c (segaic16.c) mcu maps.
- Fixed sslam.c
- Fixed limenko.c, videopkr.c : Issue with core allocation of ram (duplicate savestate).
- couriersud added micro3d improvements:
- Serial port communication between main cpu and sound board works.
- Sound board now works.
- couriersud added lohtb2 improvements in m72.c:
- Full emulation of protection device.
- Samples are now piped through the mcu.
- Angelo Salese added sound and corrected wrong DIP-SW in the Double Dealer driver. Completed protection vectors, fixed video emulation and added coin setting simulation.
- Phil Bennett fixed recently regressed raster interrupt issues in fuukifg* drivers.
- Angelo Salese added flip screen / cocktail support to yumefude driver. Completed DIP-Switches (manual-wise) and made better comments.
- David Haywood did some reorganization in megadriv.c, porting over some code to attempt to get it working again, bit by bit.
- Sonikos improved dakkochn graphics; the priority are ok but there are various offsets so the game is marked as "imperfect graphics".
- Phill Harvey-Smith fixed a subtle bug in the 65c02 emulation where the result of the BIT instruction differs on the 65c02 (from the 6502), when executed in immediate mode.
- T. Bellm added samples support to Cosmic Alien.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING