MAME 0.129u6 was released on 5 March 2009.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Mr. Do! added built-in layouts for a large number of games: 280zzzap, buggyboy, buggychl, cbombers, changela, chasehq, chqflag, contcirc, dblaxle, finallap, grchamp, hotchase, lagunar, outrun, overdriv, pdrift, polepos, radr, roundup5, sci, slipstrm, stocker, superchs, topspeed, toutrun, turbotag, tx1, wecleman.
- couriersud made scramble a lot closer to reports and recordings (background sound, sound of bullets).
- Yasuhiro Ogawa fixed descriptions of the games running on NAOMI series hardware and NAOMI game list.
- Angelo Salese provided an input ports clean-up for the jangou driver.
- couriersud finally added low pass filtering on channel 2A in btime driver:
- Changed resistor to bill of material value.
- Adjusted volume level and added more documentation.
- couriersud fixed regression (missing graphics) in ipminvad (m10).
- Angelo Salese, Tomasz Slanina and David Haywood provided various improvements to Heavy Unit:
- Added a VERY preliminary simulation of the protection, just enough to get the game to boot, not make it playable.
- Corrected CPU communication, IRQ/NMI generation etc.
- Fixed some video emulation issues (added tilemap scroll etc.).
- Corrected GFX rom loading (at least for the graphics used in attract mode).
- Aaron Giles merged tetrisp2 memory maps. Renamed teplus2->tetrisp2j.
- couriersud added GAME_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS to Tutankham & clones.
- David Haywood hooked up layer enables in goldstar.c driver, fixes 'girl' in Cherry Master.
- Phil Bennett scaled up renegade and mjkjidai ADPCM levels in line with recent clock_adpcm() change.
- Aaron Giles converted all drivers to the new device-based 6821 PIA.
- Aaron Giles added new function memory_install_read_port_handler() to more easily allow you to install read handlers for ports based on tag.
- Aaron Giles removed input_port_read_handler8/16/32/64 functions, since they were really only used for getting a memory handler for a port by tag, and this is no longer necessary.
- Aaron Giles moved input port handlers to internal code in the memory system.
- Aaron Giles added port names to the taito8741 device pending its proper devicification.
- Aaron Giles removed all remaining uses of input_port_n_r() functions, and purged them from src/emu/machine/generic.
- Aaron Giles removed device types from device queries that use tags, under the assumption that all device tags are unique. Specifically, the following no longer need to provide a device type:
- as well as several device interfaces that referenced other devices.
- Aaron Giles moved SH2 set info functions to direct calls.
- Angelo Salese provided various improvements to the Zero Target / Counter Steer HW and cleaned-up the driver. Fixed foreground & background colors and hand-tuned sound in Zero Target based on a side-by-side test. Fixed sprite colors.
- Phil Bennett hooked up correct C75 MCU in namcofl.c (based on RB's namconb1.c implementation).
- Olivier Galibert updated the tms57002 core - don't abort on unimplemented instructions.
- couriersud fixed handling of corrupt archives:
- Corrupt files in archives now generate an error.
- Archive files ending in "/" will not be tested for crc - skip path entries.
- Added new flag FILE_OPEN_NO_PRELOAD to skip decompressing on open. This is used in audit.c, which only tests whether files exist.
- Added error checking to all calls to load_file_zipped.
- Aaron Giles added flags to the CHD metadata entries, encoded in the top bit. Right now it is a no-op, but eventually will be used to indicate which bits of metadata are included in the overall checksum.
- Belegdol fixed gcc 4.4 compilation error.
- Atari Ace provided another round of static/const qualifier additions, plus a rename of has_addon_chip to snes_has_addon_chip. Notably a number of z80ctc_interface are now const (devicification must have removed the cases where it was dynamically modified).
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING