MAME 0.142u2 was released on 25 April 2011.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
- Alex Jackson
- Angelo Salese
- B. Munger
- Bill D.
- Curt Coder
- R. Belmont
- S. Ruiz
- The Dumping Union
- Thomas Klausner
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Angelo Salese implemented irq ack mechanism to Armed Formation HW games.
- Angelo Salese hand-fixed bit-rot bit in Terra Force bootleg, fixing the attract mode Crash.
- Angelo Salese fixed emulation of the extra z80 in Terra Force bootleg set (used as a replacement for the protection), promoting it to working.
- Angelo Salese implemented MCU simulation to terrafu / terrafa.
- Angelo Salese hooked up text protection simulation to Kozure Ookami, allowing it to display scoring during gameplay and copyright screens.
- Angelo Salese implemented proper FG scroll latching in Kozure Ookami, fixing an offsetted layer at the gameplay intro screen.
- Tafoid updated taito_b.c - Added PLD dumps for qzshowby.
- Angelo Salese hooked up 1414M4 emulation to Legion.
- Angelo Salese hooked up the 1414M4 chip emulation for Crazy Climber 2.
- Curt Coder created device_rtc_interface which can be used to initialize RTC's to a certain date/time at driver startup, useful for regression testing. Implemented the interface in most of the modern RTC devices. Note: this is not yet plumbed down to the command line.
- smf renamed Namco System 11 clones based on country code & version.
- Alex Jackson updated the SDL port: fix backwards texture rectangle option.
- Angelo Salese hooked up NB1414M4 priority bit, fixing video text priority in all the games in the Armed F driver.
- Angelo Salese merged 86 Lions inside Aristocrat Mk-4 driver.
- Alex Jackson provided various improvements to m90 driver:
- Fixed MT bug 4191 (dynablstb: No audio).
- Hooked up sample playback in bbmanw and clones and removed GAME_IMPERFECT_SOUND flag (actually, bbmanwj had working samples already and never should have been flagged in the first place).
- Use generic_pulse_irq_line() to generate interrupts on the V35, instead of the completely silly and deprecat.h thing he was doing before.
- Made the same fix to cb2001.c while he was at it.
- Fixed some spelling mistakes in the inputs.
- Converted quizf1 to modern bankswitching with configured banks.
- Made quizf1 and bomblord endian-safe, with assistance from R.Belmont.
- Added save state support.
- Angelo Salese removed deprecat.h usage in m90 driver.
- Angelo Salese implemented RAM-based sprite clut in Armed F driver, used for color cycling effects in all games of this HW.
- Angelo Salese fixed various things in Buster, allowing it to boot into gameplay.
- Angelo Salese merged Tatakae Big Fighter into Armed F driver.
- Thomas Klausner updated astring: Fixed build on NetBSD and other systems where toupper() is a macro.
- Angelo Salese implemented irq ack mechanism and fixed CPU clock speeds in Cop 01 and Mighty Guy, this fixes last boss crashes in Mighty Guy.
- R.Belmont updated the es5503 core: Properly mask oscillator enable bits when setting.
- Tafoid hand-tuned sound frequencies in Cop 01 based off an audio reference
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added