MAME 0.144u4 was released on 24 December 2011.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Roberto Fresca provided Forte Card improvements:
- A lot of work on inputs.
- Added DIP locations.
- Lamps documentation and support.
- Added Lamps layout.
- Fixed and simplified inputs. Now Owner, Rental and Credits are proper toggled service keys.
- Improved the button-lamps layout with the half and double addition for betting in the gamble stage.
- Reverse engineering and partially documented the serial EEPROM data.
- Added a clean default NVRAM and serial EEPROM.
- Added company and year notes.
- Added technical notes.
- Fujix adjusted volume levels in nemesis.c to mirror observed levels from PCB recordings for Salamander/Lifeforce. Partially addresses MT Bug #3538.
- Grull Osgo provided various fixes to California Chase, making it complete the POST.
- fgs provided a fix to CD-I video code.
- Angelo Salese added preliminary save state support to Naomi / AW / DC driver.
- Alex Jackson updated vigilant.c: fix reversed Demo Sounds dipswitch in kikcubic.
- Angelo Salese added preliminary IRQ generation to the MSM6242, updated drivers that use it accordingly and removed various related kludges.
- Team CPS-1 provided Capcom ZN-1, ZN-2 updates:
- Confirmed and documented game board # for every set.
- Properly fixed ROMs labels and locations to match real pcbs.
- Marked MASK ROMs in ts2, ts2j as BAD_DUMP, current dumps don't match real pcbs, added a note.
- Replaced HR2-01M.3A in strider2 and clones with proper 32MBit dump to match real pcb, 2nd half was cut out.
- Added a more accurate title description to some games.
- Added some documentation notes to various sets.
- Reordered all sets per release date.
- Minor cleanups and fixes.
- Angelo Salese properly hooked up MSM6242 device to Super Kaneko Nova System.
- Angelo Salese provided various avt.c progresses, it now properly shows some gfxs.
- Grull Osgo provided a fix for 8042kbc.c irq generation, now California Chase correctly accepts keyboard inputs.
- Miodrag Milanovic did some softlist support cleanup and addition of compatibility filtering.
- Angelo Salese documented MCU ports in The Deep, doesn't work yet due of a MCS51 core Bug.
- Angelo Salese made some progresses with atamanot, got a garbled title screen and realized that the game is heavily protected.
- Lord Nightmare and plgDavid added, and made Mr. Do! use the U8106 soundchip, which as far as they can tell is 100% identical to the sn76489 non-a, pending further testing.
- Wilbert Pol updated eeprom.c: Changed the 'erase' function to force all data bits of the specified address to 1s.
- Grull Osgo provided other improvements to California Chase, it shows Windows 98 logo.
- Angelo Salese fixed VGA line compare register masking, makes Windows 98 logo to display correctly.
- Angelo Salese merged dacholer.c and itaten.c drivers, fixes priority and sprite Y positions in Dacholer and Kick Boy.
- f205v added proper ROM labels for Taxi Driver.
- Johnboy provided various changes for Neo-Geo driver:
- Marked quizkof MVS AND AES VERSION.
- Cleaned up all labels (consistent for all protos now) for prototype sets (in 99.9% of the cases the correct labels are not known) to: proto_ID-XX.XX .
- Identified product codes for viewpoint, savager and blazstar.
- kotm2p m1/s1 parent/clone fix.
- Documentation update.
- Reflected changes in internal db to xml (except /* Plane x */ ).
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING