MAME 0.145u8 was released on 7 May 2012.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- David Haywood started adding support for scrolling reel displays, currently text only, but should be pretty easy to get graphics in there and add different direction scrolling - updating sc4 code to use these new types.
- Roberto Fresca provided Amatic Multi Game System driver improvements:
- Identified the slots game as Super Stars.
- Changed am_uslot to suprstar.
- Reworked inputs from the scratch.
- Added support for outputs: lamps & counters.
- Added a button-lamps layout.
- Promoted the game to working state.
- Added technical notes.
- Roberto Fresca provided Amatic AMA-8000 improvements:
- Renamed amaticmg3 to amaticmg2 since is the AMA-8000-2 system.
- Found the hopper motor signal. Mapped the hopper pay pulse to key 'Q'. Now is possible to payout manually, avoiding the hang for hopper empty or timeout.
- Sean Riddle fixed video counter reporting on Williams games (should stay at maximum value until reset).
- David Haywood added ability to add the graphics in the external drwho art file to the new reel structure.
- Brian Griffin added/filled in about 110 missing Scorpion 4/5 romsets.
- Stefano Teso updated the Hikaru driver: Added some new technical findings.
- R. Belmont and Firewave marked all remaining old-style CDs without gap information BAD_DUMP. These will still run (where applicable), but need to be re-ripped for best accuracy (and proper audio track timing for some Bemani games).
- Curt Coder added the clock counter chain and other common functions into device_rtc_interface, removing duplicated code in RTC implementations. Rewrote the Dallas DS1302 to support additional features needed by IDE64 in MESS.
- Balrog and R. Belmont fixed invalid ISO C syntax in neogeo driver noted by Clang.
- Carl updated the i386 core: fix for bt? Instructions.
- Kevin Eshbach and The Dumping Union updated zaxxon.c: Corrected rom labels and U locations for the Congo Bongo sets. Added the 3 board stack version with correct PBROM. Added additional documentation about the 2 board stack and the 3 board stack.
- James Wallace updated layouts for numerous slots to take advantage of new reel development.
- Takahiro Nogi provided clean-ups to sound and fixed volume balance in Nichibutsu Mahjong drivers.
- Pythagoras updated cps2.c: fixed vhunt2d and vsav2d rom loading.
- Brian Troha updated gei.c: Sorted out the correct question roms for Trivia (Questions Series 12) and Trivia (Questions Series 12).
- Angelo Salese implemented new paletteram_xGGGGGRRRRRBBBBB_byte_le_w() function, used by Chance 32.
- Phil Bennett fixed missing sprites/HUD regression in Lock-On.
- Robbbert updated 6551acia.c: m_status_register was not being initialized properly.
- Tafoid updated rom label.locations for Star Force based on PCB pictures provided by bonky0013.
- Carl updated the i386 core: Big pmode update.
- Team Japump! updated the Naomi driver: redumped Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bobble GD-ROM.
- David Haywood added basic protection simulation for Battle Emporer, allowing for gameplay to the end.
- Aaron Giles fixed error in decompression for avhuff. Converted cubeqst CHDs now pass verification.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING