MAME 0.146 was released on 21 May 2012.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Couriersudmade the compiler avoid optimizing tms57002 on OS X PowerPC builds.
- Brian Troha updated galspnbl.c: Add in missing button to Gals Pinball & Hot Pinball along with misc documentation.
- Brian Troha updated spbactn.c: Adjusted clock speeds based on OSCs actually on the PCB. Added missing button and labeled buttons. Added dipswitch locations and misc documentation.
- Johnboy provided misc documentation updates and typo fixes for neogeo.xml as well as updates and a cleanup of neodrvr.c.
- Team CPS-1 fixed ffightj2 ROMs labels and locations, added pcb infos to video\cps1.c.
- Barry Harris fixed mapping for mmatrixd (cps2) to allow in-game region switch to work and renamed to a US set due to rom labels. Replaced Phoenix Set xmvsfu1d (cps2) bad dumps with others which pass in-game rom tests.
- hap updated timeplt.c: Added inputs to chkun and bikkuric, making them playable.
- James Wallace corrected some off by one errors in DM01 dot matrix emulation, while making it a bit more generic. Ultimately, it will plug into Scorpion 2 and 4 hardware.
- hap provided preliminary Toshiba TC8830F emulation.
- R. Belmont updated the i8251 core: "reset" bit is only documented to revert to looking for a mode byte, not reset the entire chip.
- David Haywood did initial work in preparation for some modernization on the whole megadriv.c file, starting with better splitting of actual drivers (megadriv.c, megacd.c, mega32x.c, megasvp.c and megavdp.c).
- Carl provided a fix for i286 preventing error 104 on ibm5170.
- Brian Troha updated gei.c: Refactored Trivia rom questions. Added misc documentation. Added DSW locations to several sets.
- James Wallace did phase 2 of the DMD changes, creating a new '5 dot' element to make it more like the actual DM01 (which uses 5 by 7 blocks, but wires them up row wise to a buffer, giving an unusual '65 dot row').
- R. Belmont updated the Z8001 core: Fix inb/outb @rX form. M20 PPI test now passes.
- bonky0013 and Tafoid provided correct labels for bcruzm12 and replaced overdumped rom from butasan based on pcb pictures and observation.
- Fabio Priuli started updating MAME drivers to use modern i8255 implementation instead of the legacy one.
- Tormod and The Dumping Union updated segas16b.c: Corrected the rom labels for the Japanese Cotton set and added the Sega ID# for the rom board.
- Mamesick provided a small Konami update:
- aliens.c : reverted wrong changes applied in 0.145u8.
- crimfght.c : reverted wrong changes applied in 0.145u8.
- vendetta.c : small cosmetic changes plus PCB components verified.
- R. Belmont updated the 68681 core: Timers start immediately; unlike counters they don't wait for a start command.
- James Wallace finally completed the last part of the dotmatrix changes, which is to create a dot by dot display mode. This makes the BFMDM01 emulation far more straightforward, and should mean that anyone wanting a matrix can call some combination of functions and make it work.
- Fabio Priuli updated info.c: added screen tags to xml output, so that it is possible to easily identify which screens depend on optional devices (mostly of use in MESS, for its slot options, but eventually handy for PC-based arcades too).
- Couriersud improved sound emulation in for pokey chip. Changed audio emulation to emulate borrow 3 clock delay and proper channel reset. New frequency only becomes effective after the counter hits 0. Emulation also treats counters as 8 bit counters which are linked now instead of monolytic 16 bit counters.
- Carl updated the i386 core: IRET/Virtual 8086 mode fixes.
- smf added the alternative bios found on Gachaga Champ, it appears to just be recompiled.
- smf added the 700B01 bios, only the CRC is known.
- smf stopped the elephant stage on Handle Champ from crashing, though other graphics issues remain.
- Couriersud fixed a regression on POKEY device. Fixed high pass filters for POKEY. Added POKEYN device based on modern device. Migrated bzone, ccastles and missile to use this device.
- Couriersud fixed random lfsr generation in pokey.c. This fixes MT00501 while tempest is still starting up.
- Couriersud converted all remaining drivers to use the modern pokey device.
- Luca Elia emulated the protection(s) in lhzb2a, making it playable.
- R. Belmont updated the mc68681 core: Fixed generation of spurious interrupts and provided ASSERT/CLEAR states to the IRQ callback.
- Carl updated the i386 core: another small vm86 fix.
- Roberto Fresca provided Chance 32 driver improvements:
- Inputs from the scratch.
- Completely demuxed the output lines.
- Added lamps support.
- Added a nice button-lamps layout.
- Found and added the FEVER! lamp.
- Fixed the Oki6295 and CRTC 6845 clocks.
- Corrected the refresh rate to 52.786 Hz (similar to Major Poker).
- Hooked the vblank input line.
- Figured out the following DIP switches: Auto Max Bet, Flip Screen, Maximum Bet, Auto Hold, Double-Up Type, Remote Credits, Bet Limit, and Coinage Multiplier.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING