MAME 0.146u4 was released on 30 July 2012.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Brian Troha updated vsnes.c: Corrected dipswitch settings for Vs. Wrecking Crew and Vs. Balloon Fight.
- Brian Troha updated pacman.c: Give Birdiy it's own and correct dipswitch settings.
- Brian Troha updated decocass.c: Add correct dipswitch setting for Fishing (DECO Cassette).
- Brian Troha updated gcpinbal.c: Added dipswitch locations to Grand Cross Pinball.
- Brian Troha updated gunpey.c: Added dipswitch locations to Gunpey.
- Brian Troha updated seta.c: Added dipswitch locations to Masked Riders Club Battle Race.
- Brian Troha updated metro.c: Corrected and explained the dipswitches in Dharma Doujou.
- Heihachi_73 updated aristmk6.c: Cleaned up ROM names and corrected spelling of Crystal Springs. 50 Lions parent/clone swapped (Australian set is now parent).
- Angelo Salese improved Last Bank driver, added bare-bones graphics and inputs.
- Corrado Tomaselli added PALs for Vigilante, but not hooked up yet. The old PAL(4m) has been determined to be bad.
- Phil Bennett provided dsp32c changes:
- Set the PCR to 1 on reset.
- Update the PDF/PIF output pin states only when reading/writing the PDR/PIR registers.
- Implemented the goto_pde, goto_pdf, goto_pif and goto_pdf instructions.
- Phil Bennett provided harddriv updates:
- Implemented diagnostic jumper and DIP switches for all games.
- Added a workaround to prevent racedrivb1 and racedrivg1 from crashing on boot.
- Use the common 68681 DUART implementation.
- Use XTAL values for CPU clocks.
- Smitdogg and The Dumping Union updated legionna.c: Added priority BPROM to the Heated Barrel sets. Corrected rom names and added PCB locations.
- Couriersud made PORT_ADJUSTER accept PORT_MINMAX as well.
- Couriersud implemented a generic implementation to model discrete net lists:
- Based on timeslot modelling, the implementation models gate delays in logic chips.
- Design ready to be split into a generic and a MAME implementation part.
- Design prepared to merge in discrete components from discrete.*.
- Supports code based as well as external net list parsing. Ultimately, net lists and discrete emulation should share one code base. The class design was set up to accomplish this. There is no point in having multiple 555, 7474 implementations around. Most of the code will be moved to lib/netlist going forward to allow usage in other projects.
- Couriersud made Pong use netlist.h. This implementation reproduces all gate timing and 555 related effects as described by Dr. H. Holden in his 2012 publication "ATARI PONG E CIRCUIT ANALYSIS & LAWN TENNIS".
- Brian Troha updated cshooter.c: Added dipswitch locations to the Air Raid & Cross Shooter sets.
- Ville Linde updated the tlcs900 core: Added support for TMP95C063.
- Ville Linde updated taitotz.c: Major driver update.
- Modernized address maps.
- Improved 2D rendering.
- Hooked up IO CPU comms.
- Hooked up IDE controller.
- Basic 3D graphics emulation.
- Brian Troha updated metro.c: Corrected OKI6295 Pin 7 assignment for the Last Fort & Sky Alert sets as listed in the driver. Also verified the Pin 7 assignment where listed in the driver.
- Brian Troha updated midwunit.c: Corrected the rom labels for Open Ice and added notes about the specific "L" revision of the roms.
- Markus Rathgeb enabled support building the bundled 7z library with a C++ compiler.
- David Haywood did a first-pass clone creation/set split for the acesp.c driver. As a result, another 500 or so sets have been added to the gamelist.
- Ville Linde converted Taito JC 3D renderer to use polynew.h.
- Markus Rathgeb, based on a patch by SpritesMods.com updated the SDL port: Use XInput to allow multiple lightguns on Linux/*BSD targets.
- Brian Troha updated sfbonus.c: Corrected dipswitches for the driver and added dipswitch locations.
- David Haywood updated pokechmp.c:
- Finally figured out the 8bpp BG tile plane order, a bit odd, guess there are swapped lines.
- Hooked up OKI sound banking.
- Fixed sprite attributes.
- Simplified CPU banking.
- Use generic palette functions.
- Angelo Salese added sound ROM bankswitch in Combat School bootleg.
- Guitar added some new ROMs Twister Sound.
- David Haywood updated cybertnk.c:
- Hooked up tilemaps as tilemaps, with scrolling.
- Hooked up palette select on road drawing (road now appears to 'move').
- Did some priority related bits, which may or may not be correct.
- David Haywood updated esd16.c: Move Jumping Pop from tumbleb.c to esd16.c and clean up said driver.
- Sean Riddle fixed AMD/ASD opcodes in the F8 CPU core. Status flags are set before the decimal correction factor is added, so only the carry flag is significant after a decimal addition opcode.
- Ville Linde updated cobra.c: Converted the 3D renderer to use polynew.h.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING