MAME 0.147u1 was released on 8 October 2012.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles provided part 1 of the memory handler normalization. READ/WRITE_DEVICE*_HANDLERs are now passed an address_space &, and the 8-bit variants get a mem_mask as well. This means they are now directly compatible with the member function delegates. Added a generic address space to the driver_device that can be used when no specific address space is available. Also added DECLARE_READ/WRITE_DEVICE*_HANDLER macros to declare device callbacks with default mem_mask parameters.
- Aaron Giles provided part 2 of the memory handler normalization. Change legacy read/write handlers to take an address_space & instead of an address_space *. Also update pretty much all other functions to take a reference where appropriate.
- Aaron Giles provided part 3 of the memory handler cleanup. Add mem_mask parameter to 8-bit handlers to match the others. To ease pain, added DECLARE_READ/WRITE_HANDLER macros that set up a default parameter. Also updated devcb so that the handlers can be called with or without the mem_mask.
- Angelo Salese and Smitdogg improved the Seibu COP emulation: Added 0x1c param to 0x0205 command, fixes at least sprite positioning during intros of Raiden 2 and Zero Team (but breaks gameplay in Zero Team, needs investigation).
- Angelo Salese and Smitdogg improved the Seibu COP emulation: Made 0x42c2 command more accurate, makes Legionnaire enemies to behave properly and match finally starts in Seibu Cup Soccer.
- Phil Bennett updated gunpey.c: Corrected OKI M6925 frequency.
- smf provided a fix for "file note writeable" when creating, plus consolidated some duplicate/redundant code.
- Angelo Salese improved the Seibu COP emulation: Added 0xe38e command, used by Seibu Cup Soccer to follow the ball.
- Aaron Giles provided a patch that, since nobody checks for NULLs anyway, makes device_memory_interface::space() assert against NULL and return a reference, and pushed references throughout all address space usage in the system. Added a has_space() method to check for those rare case when it is ambiguous.
- Robbbert added generic set of pinball mechanical sounds.
- R. Belmont updated lib7z: fix portability problems that resulted in memory trashing in some configurations.
- IQ_132 provided better simulation of Metal Slug X's protection device.
- R. Belmont made Epson R4543 RTC a proper RTC device, eliminates duplicated code in Namco Systems 12 and 23.
- Robbbert updated the rotation driver - Added motor simulation; added nvram; added mechanical sounds; added notes.
- R. Belmont updated tms99x8: Converted to using RGB32 bitmap so chips can coexist with other video screens.
- Oliver Stöneberg fixed MT03464: fixed potential out of array access in src/emu/video/voodoo.c logerror().
- Curt Coder updated the m6509 core: Fixed EA zero page indirect + Y (post indexed).
- Curt Coder implemented DS75160A/DS75161A IEEE-488 GPIB Transceivers.
- Robbbert updated the spectra driver - added remaining sounds, game marked as WORKING.
- Angelo Salese ported Palette brightness effects to Raiden 2 HW, used by Zero Team and X Se Dae.
- Brian Troha updated mcr68.c: Add dipswitch locations to all sets in the driver.
- Robbbert updated the aftor driver - fixed display, marked as WORKING.
- Angelo Salese and Tafoid fixed M68K and hooked up SCREEN_RAW_PARAMS for Blocken. Game was definitely running at erratic speeds before.
- Curt Coder updated the mos6526 device: Implemented a nearly cycle-exact "old" CIA, which passes most of the Lorenz/VICE CIA tests. Refactored the c64/c128/vic10/cbm2 drivers and the 1571/1581 floppy drives to use the new implementation.
- Wilbert Pol updated 6532riot.c: Internal timer is always running. Fixes several a2600 regressions.
- smf moved scsi protocol code from scsibus_device to scsihle_device, leaving scsibus_device to calculate the current bus contents and distribute it to each of the scsidev_device.
- Luca Elia updated suna8.c: fixed sound samples width, improves speech in e.g. rranger.
- Luca Elia promoted starfigh to playable state:
- Address line scrambling of data ROMs.
- ROM bank latching and mirroring.
- Sound latch and NMI disable.
- Patched some further protection.
- Added graphics banking.
- iq_132 emulated Lord of Gun's protection rather than patching it out.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING