MAME 0.157 was released on 31 December 2014.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Brian Troha updated dreamwld.c: Fill in dipswitches for Cute Fighter and PCB layout.
- Kevin Eshbach updated location/PAL information for Puzzle Bobble 3 (Japan) in taito_f3.c.
- Justin Kerk added more info to the GitHub readme to prevent confusion.
- DsNo redumped / verified Fight Fever romsets.
- Brian Hargrove added communication MCU ROM (dumped from a prototype) to the Riding Hero sets.
- MetalliC and Demul team updated atvtrack.c: make Smashing Drive going somewhere instead of hang emulator.
- Alex Jackson updated renegade.c: replace custom sound with MSM5205.
- rtw and MetalliC updated naomi.c: use full M4 PIC16 dumps instead of partial "readouts", add handmade 'dumps' with master keys for not yet properly dumped PICs.
- mbcoguno updated the SDL port: Fix build with non-framework SDL 2 issue on OS X.
- O. Galibert updated the lindbergh driver: Fake pit and real pci bridges.
- O. Galibert updated the pci implementation: expansion rom management.
- O. Galibert updated the lindbergh driver: Match card and video bios.
- Alex Jackson fixed debugger memory display of little-endian memory regions.
- R. Belmont updated the m68k core: disassembler support for FTRAP.
- Luca Bruno updated the luaengine: add API versioning.
- Guru and dogpn updated viper.c: added NVRAM and dongle to Police 911 2.
- O.Galibert updated the pci implementation: Fix some initialisations, valgrind stops complaining.
- O.Galibert updated the pci implementation: Autodetect multifunction devices.
- O.Galibert updated the i82875p device: toud display fix.
- rtw and ShouTime redumped "Melty Blood Act Cadenza Version B (GDL-0039)".
- metallic changed Melty Blood series game names as per title screen texts.
- Bad A. Billy updated igs009.c - Updated dips and added locations to comply with the manual for Jingle Bell & Gran Prix '98.
- O. Galibert updated the 82875p device: Add overflow device, high smram.
- O.Galibert updated the pci implementation: Add more pci bridge registers.
- CaH4e3 and MetalliC updated hikaru.c:
- Add protecton keys for AirTrix and Planet Harriers.
- Rom labels and ROM_LOADs corrections & cleanup.
- tomyun made use of consistent logical ID for joystick registration log.
- Felipe Sanches provided an initial implementation of "Dona Barata" driver (brazilian whack-a-mole).
- Angelo Salese updated the SH-2 core: added default SSR value, makes EGWord to boot.
- system11 verified clocks for Yam! Yam!? and Last Day / D-Day.
- Tarnyko updated the SDL port: do not check gl_lib() without OpenGL support.
- Alex Jackson updated k053936.c: fix potential out-of-bounds memory access; remove some dead code.
- James Wallace attempted to fix the new Stepper device to load correctly for AWP games. This is part 1 of a plan to remove the stepper_interface for a devcb2 setup.
- Fabrice Bellet updated the debugger: fix the gui for smaller fonts. Using a font pointsize different from 11pt has a consequence that fontWidth (in pixels) is not an integer anymore.
- Fabrice Bellet updated the debugger: fix a string overflow in comments.
- Fabrice Bellet updated the debugger: don't update asm view in the start_hook(). The curpc can be in the middle of an instruction being decoded, so it is not pertinent to recompute the disassembly starting from this address.
- Fabrice Bellet updated the debugger: fix the avl trees logic. The ancestor heights of a node were not updated properly.
- Fabrice Bellet updated the debugger: better handling of duplicate memory access. Don't remove and reinsert nodes that correspond to a duplicate memory access, because tree rebalancing kills performances. Update the node's element content instead.
- Fabrice Bellet updated the debugger: fix wrong initial m_topleft.x value in memory view.
- James Wallace applied a significant change to Stepper motor device behaviour, using devcb2 interfaces.
- Juergen Buchmueller rewrote Rockwell PPS-4 CPU core based on bitsavers.org documents. Add led8seg_gts1 (Futaba) to rendlay.c/h and use them in gts1.lay. Add Rockwell devices 10696, 10788 and A17xx preliminary implementations.
- James Wallace added new functions:
- MCFG_STEPPER_ADD(tag) - add a stepper device.
- MCFG_STEPPER_REEL_TYPE(type) - the equivalent of the first line in the old interface, now also takes NOT_A_REEL for printer and similar applications.
- MCFG_STEPPER_START_INDEX(int index) - the old second line of the interface, the position (in half steps) where the optic tab first triggers.
- MCFG_STEPPER_END_INDEX(int index) - the old third line of the interface, the last position (in half steps) where the optic tab triggers.
- MCFG_STEPPER_INDEX_PATTERN(int pattern) - a coil pattern in hexadecimal that has to be on the motor for the index to trigger (0 if no specific pattern is needed).
- MCFG_STEPPER_INIT_PHASE(int phase) - starting phase of the motor.
- All drivers have been updated, testing done to all specific drivers. Scorpion 4 was particularly complex.
- O. Galibert updated qt/debug: Device tree view. Looks cool with mu100 or lindbios.
- Lord Nightmare updated tms5110.c: implement output and read bit commands.
- Guru and Darksoft provided namcops2 updates:
- Guru added BIOS and dongle for Time Crisis 4.
- Guru and Darksoft added dongle for Gundam vs. Gundam.
- R. Belmont updated the SDL2 port: Improved Alt-Enter functionality (now works on all screens at once) and prefer upper-left placement of windowed mode windows.
- darq updated dinohunt: fixed player 3 inputs (MT05804).
- Luca Bruno updated the luaengine: add memory-reading capabilities.
- Samuele Zannoli updated the chihiro driver: added support for zbuffer and stencil plus render target methods.
- Couriersud changed sdl_window_info to be closer to C++:
- Made some members private.
- Moved static functions into sdl_window_info.
- Extended work_param struct with constructors for better readability .
- Osso fixed save state regressions in the following drivers: arcadecl.c, batman.c, eprom.c, foodf.c, liberatr.c, atarisys2.c, gstream.c, pasha2.c, f-32.c, lastfght.c, bfm_sc1.c, bmcpokr.c, centiped.c, jangou.c, merit.c, segas16a.c, asteroid.c, seibuspi.c.
- David Haywood started developing a CPU core for the series of processors based on the ARCompact instruction set, namely the ARCtangent A-5. This is still preliminary, the disassembly is mostly complete but the output could still be tidied, and many instructions are not yet implemented and based on code execution some of the ones that are could be incorrect. This is currently used by the 'leapster' driver.
- R. Belmont updated the m68k core: generate the correct kind of stack frame for 68010 bus errors.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING