MAME 0.158 was released on 28 January 2015.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont updated the m68k core: implement FTRAP instruction, add "68020 with FPU" CPU type.
- Peter Ferrie updated winprefix: support some C99 extensions in older MSVC.
- Luca Bruno updated luaengine: add HUD-like capabilities.
- Angelo Salese added irq ack mechanism in Senjyo HW and removed long standing hack from the driver.
- Couriersud updated the SDL port: Driver accel (draw13.c) now supports "-filter", i.e. bilinear filtering.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: Added "Reset" option to DipSwitch and ConfSettings menu, as well as to the File Manager, for consistency with other menus where an hard reset is of help.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: Fixed DipLocation drawing so that it remains on screen also when highlighting switches without locations.
- Couriersud move definitiond of -DOSD_WINDOWS, -DOSD_SDL and -DOSD_MINI into $(OSD).mak. Added sanity check to makefile.
- Peter Ferrie updated zn.c: implement (incomplete?) ROM banking in nbajamex, shows some graphics now.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: start displaying the device tag close to input names for the dynamical inputs which use PORT_DEVICE, so to avoid some weird quirks in the input menus when slot devices are modified.
- Luca Bruno updated luaengine: expose device state entries.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: added "[Internal]" string to slot options that are not user-configurable and fixed some internal options displayed as "scrollable".
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: simplified Image Information code and made it fully display for systems with many image devices.
- brizzo, Zoinkity and Angelo Salese redumped ROM and made Eleven Beat to surpass "Joystick Type Error" message. Crashes at kick off though.
- Oliver Stöneberg updated chdman: added -s/--size parameter for "createhd" to create blank harddisk based on size and sector size.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: added barebone menu for device-specific options. Click on any slot device option to see whether it is currently mounted or not, and which additional options depend on the selected value.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: fixed bug where slot options set via internal UI did not properly create their sub-options.
- Couriersud added a partial netlist sound implementation for Mario Bros. Luigi sound is missing. By default, the previous discrete.h based sound is compiled. Those curious can change OLD_SOUND to 0 in mario.h.
- ANY and MetalliC updated naomi.c: redumped vstrik3c, both existing and new dumps were BAD, made one good-looking from them.
- R. Belmont updated twinkle.c: the 68000 & SPU board now process commands, some sound f/x play now.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: stop the game selector reporting systems with no roms as missing files.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: when launching systems with mandatory carts, either from command line or from the game selector, prompt the user with the file manager menu so that he can mount a game where needed, instead of killing emulation with an error.
- Andreas Naive, Metallic, David Haywood and ANY provided updates to SEGA 315-5881 encryption / compression device emulation:
- update algorithm based on based on findings from Virtua Striker 2 '98.
- correctly hooked up chip in ST-V, Model 2 and Model 3 drivers.
- added support for multiple blocks in encrypted streams.
- added support for different height/widths of compressed data steams.
- found keys for many games allowing for per-game simulations to be removed and fixing badly decompressed graphics in several games.
- found some correlation between keys and Sega part numbers.
- For ST-V :
- Final Fight Revenge boots and is playable.
- Elandoree has correct textures, more playable.
- Astra Super Stars no longer relies on a fake ROM from the Saturn release.
- Tecmo World Cup '98 has correct Tecmo logo / Title screen.
- Steep Slope Sliders, Radiant Silvergun no longer use custom protection simulations (end result is the same).
- For Model 2:
- Zero Gunner, Pilot Kids and Dynamite Cop no longer use custom protection simulations (end result is the same).
- For Model 3:
- Dirt Devils, Magical Truck Adventure, Virtual On 2 and Machineguns correctly decrypt 2D graphics.
- Daytona USA 2 correctly decrypts encrypted code block, no longer requires ROM patches to avoid it.
- key for Daytona USA 2 Power Edition cannot be found with current understanding of the algorithm.
- Star Wars Trilogy, Spikeout, Fighting Vipers 2, Emergency Call Ambulance, and The Ocean Hunter no longer use custom protection simulation (end result is the same).
- Virtua Striker 2 '98 / '99 (Model 3) no longer hang at kickoff (previous simulation was wrong?).
- For Hikaru:
- Star Wars Arcade Racer now has a key (315-5881 is not hooked up in the driver because it does not get far enough in MAME).
- David Haywood provided updates to the Sega 315-5838 / 317-0029 compression device:
- Documented 315-5838 as the Decathlete protection chip.
- Identified 317-0029 (Dead of Alive) as another version of the same thing based on information from Guru.
- Split 'decathlt' handling from stv.c and made into a device, moved the 'doa' simulation from model2.c in there too (preliminary, preparation to merge code).
- No functional improvements at this time, just refactoring.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: improved File Manager so that attempts to launch softlist entries without having the necessary files don't kill emulation but simply display a message to the user.
- Wallyweek bumped version and date in man pages.
- MetalliC updated hikaru.c: added protection key for sgnascar.
- Fabio Priuli updated the ui: fixed bug where software items that shall create new image devices (e.g., passthru carts) or new slot options, failed to do so when loaded through the File Manager in the internal UI.
- Angelo Salese fixed non-terrain colors in Top Landing (also fixed out-of-bounds palette crash bug in it).
- Metallic provided Emergency Call Ambulance, Daytona USA 2, L.A. Machineguns, Magical Truck Adventure, Virtual On 2 protection keys.
- qmc2 updated the SDL port to keep synch with SDL_HINTs being added with every patch release.
- O. Galibert updated the core: Add per-game parameters. Per-game parameters are (tag, value) pairs that follow the same tag structure than everything else. They're added within a ROM section with ROM_PARAMETER(tag, value). You look them up through the device method parameter(tag) which returns the string, or "" if not present.
- Samuele Zannoli updated the i386 core: sse opcodes improvements.
- add opcodes MOVHLPS MOVLHPS.
- safer implementation of PACKUSWB PACKSSDW SHUFPS UNPCKLPS UNPCKHPS.
- The safer implementation is needed in cases where the source and destination registers are the same.
- f205v replaced 'discof' dump with a new one.
- David Haywood added preliminary emulation of video screen on Caveman (Exidy Pinball).
- David Haywood updated funkball.c to use intelfsh.c for Flash Rom handling, making use of bankdev to provide a virtual space in which they map.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING