MAME 0.159 was released on 25 February 2015.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- O. Galibert updated the m65ce02 core: Generalize Kale's findings.
- MetalliC updated the jvs host device: fix packet encoding, similar to previous.
- Andreas Naive provided updates to 315-5881 encryption based on Daytona2 Power Edition's analysis.
- Couriersud provided some fixes for multimonitor fullscreen on linux and windows. In virtualbox, even switchres now works for two monitors. That doesn't imply it will work on real hardware. The probability is higher :-) On windows, default render driver now is "opengl" since direct3d wouldn't work reliably. This functionality currently is limited to the "-video accel" driver. More userspace blitting enhancements.
- gregf and Stiletto improved documentation of a some discrete drivers.
- Brian Troha updated silvmil.c: Fill in some dipswitches for Puzzlove and add dipswitch locations.
- soyandroid updated the lindbergh driver: Add the CF card dump.
- announ fixed compiling on SDL < 2.0.2.
- Angelo Salese patched timer over bug in Kozure Ookami. Remarked game as working state, see source notes for further info.
- qmc2 got better performance for -verifyroms on samba share.
- Lord Nightmare updated champbas.c, equites.c, shougi.c: rename the alpha-8xxx mcu dumps to better reflect the actual chip labels and the fact that they are HD44801 mcus. Add the undumped alpha-8304 mcu as NO_DUMP.
- f205v provided NAOMI doc corrections.
- Carl updated the scn2674 device: reworked for the pcd.
- R. Belmont updated the m68k core: emulate instruction cache for 68020/68EC020.
- Alex Jackson updated bnstars.c: hook up player 2 inputs; remove hazeinputs; misc cleanup/modernization.
- Couriersud made the OpenGL renderer available in mainline build as well. This needs to be explicitly enabled by specifying USE_OPENGL=1. More code alignment.
- Samuele Zannoli updated i386.c: updates for the future and more.
- add infrastructure to support opcodes ?? 0f 38 ?? and ?? 0f 3a ??.
- add placeholders in opcode table for all instructions not yet implemented.
- fix opcode group 0f 73.
- add opcode group 66 0f 73.
- move sse opcodes movd movdqa to their own routine.
- move sse opcodes pinsrw pextrw to ther own routine.
- add opcodes punpcklbw punpcklwd punpckldq punpcklqdq.
- Vas Crabb embedded version information in OS X emulator binaries (shows in Finder info, and in about boxes in windowed mode).
- mzdmommy updated opwolf.c: added unknown dipswitch description from manual.
- Vas Crabb provided debugger improvements:
- All: fix sorting, alignment and crash on click, and improve performance in breakpoints/watchpoints views.
- Win32/Qt/Cocoa: improve dynamic updating of menu items to reflect available operations.
- Win32/Qt/Cocoa: allow breakpoint control from any disassembly view irrespective of focus.
- Win32/Cocoa: add breakpoints/watchpoints windows.
- Win32/Cocoa: remove global state to prepare for multi-machine, clean up on exit, don't crash on hard reset.
- Win32: port to C++, fix memory leaks and misc. bugs.
- Cocoa: add device tree and detail windows.
- Cocoa: improve rendering, mouse handling and performance.
- Ramiro Polla made sdl- and pkg-config commands only be evaluated once.
- mbcoguno updated the sdl port: Add BASELIBS for MACOSX_USE_LIBSDL.
- 0-wiz-0 updated 3rdparty/mongoose: Fix build on BSDs and Solaris.
- Osso Added / enabled save state support for the following drivers:bestleag.c, bloodbro.c, buggychl.c, chaknpop.c, cyclemb.c, d9final.c, darkmist.c, dcon.c, dreambal.c, exzisus.c, fastfred.c, fuukifg2, fuukifg3.c, galpani2.c, gladiatr.c, gluck2.c, goodejan.c, gsword.c, iqblock.c, kaneko16.c, limenko.c, lordgun.c, mastboy.c, mustache.c, panicr.c, pipeline.c, pirates.c, progolf.c, quizo.c, quizpani.c, rabbit.c, raiden.c, retofinv.c, rollrace.c, scotrsht.c, seicross.c, sengokmj.c, shadfrce.c, shootout.c, sidepckt.c, skyarmy.c, skydiver.c, snowbros.c, supduck.c, taxidriv.c, tecmo.c, tecmo16.c, tecmosys.c, tehkanwc.c, thedeep.c, tmmjprd.c, tnzs.c, toki.c, vball.c, wc90.c, welltris.c, wink.c, wrally.c, wwfsstar.c, xorworld.c, xxmissio.c
- Guru updated opwolf.c: added DIPLOCATIONs.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING