MAME 0.34b2 was released on 30 August 1998.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nicola Salmoria added a fix so the background in Golden Star changes color correctly.
- Zsolt Vasvari added accurate colors in Astro Fighter (PROMs required).
- Tatsuyuki Satoh fixed the music in Bubble Bobble so it seems to stay in sync now.
- Dynasty Wars works (actually it was already working, it's just that the dip switches had Freeze on by default).
- Nicola Salmoria added the aiming dial to Front Line and Tin Star (using a dual joystick setup). Also, you can now kill and be killed in Front Line. However, collision detection is not accurately emulated.
- Nicola Salmoria finally fixed Commando sometimes not starting. It was a bug in the decode routine, which has been completely rewritten.
- Valerio Verrando added the option -notranslucency, which allows to turn off Vector translucency.
- Juergen Buchmueller replaced the 6502 emulator with a new one which also supports 65C02 and 6510. Marat Fayzullin's core is no longer used.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed a bug in the 68000 BCD emulation which caused the F1 Dream timer to malfunction.
- Nicola Salmoria added the new function osd_on_screen_display() to show text over the game screen.
- Frank Palazzolo fixed a bug in the Z80 block I/O instructions (INI, IND, INIR, INDR, OUTI, OUTD, OTIR, and OTDR).
- Tatsuyuki Satoh updated the FM emulation and the way the 8910 updates its buffers. FM also has support for YM2608 and YM2612, though they are not compiled in.
- Juergen Buchmueller rearranged the makefile of the DOS version using archives to work around E2BIG error on some machines.
- John Butler added support for CRC-32 checksums instead of MAME's custom ones. The actual CRCs will be added later to the drivers.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status