MAME 0.34b3 was released on 17 September 1998.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Zsolt Vasvari added sound in Exterminator. Have your PII/900 handy ;-)
- Francesco Caporali added RC filter emulation to Gyruss. This improves some sound effects, e.g. the force field noise.
- Juan Carlos Lorente added high score support to Flicky, Bull Fight, I'm Sorry, Star Jacker, Mr Viking, 4d Warrior, TeddyBoy Blues, Beastie Feastie, Contra, Cobra Command, Super Qix, Vigilante, Pang, HigeMaru, Hexa.
- Dani Portillo added high score support to Tiger Road, Karnov, Chelnov, Heavy Barrel, Bad Dudes, Robocop, Hippodrome, Sly Spy, Midnight Resistance.
- Nicola Salmoria rewrote the SN76496 emulator. This fixes speech in Choplifter.
- New -romident option in the DOS version. Use "MAME -romident dirname" to identify unknown ROM sets.
- John Butler improved the unzip code robustness when dealing with corrupt archives.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status