MAME 0.35b6 was released on 15 March 1999.
The CPU cores have been completely torn apart and rearranged in this release. A large number of games did not work at all. For example, Twin Cobra did not boot, and most of the games using a 6803 locked up.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nicola Salmoria fixed colors in Lode Runner 2. Also fixed the layout of round 8 and 28.
- Nicola Salmoria added a new -stretch option to the DOS version to optionally stretch low resolution games to fill the screen. The default is -stretch=off, which is the same behaviour as before. -stretch=1024x768 automatically uses the "quadra" mode for horizontal games whose resolution is less or equal to 256x256. -stretch=800x600 uses the "triple" mode. The -quadra and -triple options are no longer needed and have been removed. 1024x768 will be perfect (for 256x256 games) or almost perfect (for 256x240 and 256x224 games) without monitor adjustment, so it is indicated for LCD displays. However, it is slower than 800x600. 800x600 is faster but the games are stretched to resolutions from 768x448 to 768x512, so they don't fill the screen and are squashed vertically. Here's the tip: if your monitor is good enough, you can use the controls to expand the picture and make it fit perfectly in the screen. Note that this tip applies not only to stretched modes, but also to med-res games like Lode Runner (384x256) and the CPS1 games (384x224). The CPS1 games in particular are unbearably squashed unless you adjust the monitor.
- Nicola Salmoria added a new option -volume n to the DOS version to set the startup volume. The volume is an attenuation in dB, e. g. "-volume -12" will start with a -12dB attenuation.
- Nicola Salmoria added options e user interface is rotated by -rol and -ror.
- Tatsuyuki Satoh improvements to the YM2610 timers, added an interface for external volume control.
- Nicola Salmoria added all new, completely rewritten autoframeskip code to the DOS version.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added