MAME 0.36b12 was released on 18 December 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- CAB fixed missing sounds in roishtar.
- Juergen Buchmueller added code so artwork files can be stored in a .zip file in the DOS version. That way you can have eg. both spacewr1.png and spacewr2.png in one file spacewar.zip.
- Andrea Mazzoleni added the possibility to use a multiple keys or joysticks sequence to drive a generic action. This can be handy with consoles or cabinets with a limited number of buttons, to reuse all buttons with only one extra button, like a shift key. For example the COIN1 action can be mapped to the "Player 1 Fire" plus the "Extra Shift Button". It can also be used to map Q*Bert movements to joystick diagonals (since the orginal used a joystick rotate 45 degrees).
- PORTERS BEWARE: the OS dependant code is now required to support a palettized 16-bit display, where osd_modify_pen() can be called and the palette lookup is done during the final blit. A non palettized display can still optionally be used in special cases, see the comment about osd_allocate_colors() in osdepend.h. Also note that osd_allocate_colors() now can fail and returns a value; and the special case for 32768 pens has been removed, a valid palette is always passed to the function.
- Tatsuyuki Satoh fixed OPN and OPM output level. Unfortunately this means that all games using YM2203, YM2151 etc. need to be rebalanced.
- Removed memory_region from struct MachineCPU, now this information is stored directly in the ROM list using the REGION_CPUx attributes. Also remember that now you must never use Machine->memory_region* [], always use memory_region() (and the same for memory_region_length).
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added