MAME 0.36b2 was released on 8 August 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Accurate colors in Darwin 4078.
- Andrew Prime changed most System 16 games so they have sound.
- Zsolt Vasvari hacked the protection in Wild Western, fixed bonus game, added second button to jump onto the train.
- Sea Fighter Poseidon should be working now.
- Tatsuyuki Satoh further improved the YM3812 emulator, especially the rhythm section (check Snow Bros!).
- Nicola Salmoria made -noym3812opl the default in the DOS version (this won't have effect unless you delete mame.cfg).
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug in the T-11 emulation which caused APB not to work and the end of race results in Super Sprint to contain garbage.
- Nicola Salmoria rewrote the OS dependant joystick interface, it's like the keyboard interface now. Also a few function renames, and osd_wait_keypress() must now return a keycode.
- Nicola Salmoria The above should remove all limitations on number of axis and buttons in the DOS version, so e.g. joypads with multiple sticks should work. Changes to the analog devices handling will follow.
- Nicola Salmoria moved the profiler into the core. The OS dependant code need only provide a osd_cycles() inline function/macro in osinline.h, returning a counter. The function must be as low overhead as possible since it is called thousands of times per second when the profiler is active. The counter should be as precise as possible, to provide accurate measurements; the ideal unit is the number of CPU cycles, e.g. as returned by the Pentium instruction RDTSC. The profiler display is handled by the core, so the OS code only has to make the usual profiler_mark() calls to profile different sections of the code (PROFILER_BLIT, PROFILER_SOUND and so on). Note: to avoid conflicts, the OS code must do the check for the "show fps" key this way, otherwise input will be lost: if (!keyboard_pressed(KEYCODE_LSHIFT) && !keyboard_pressed(KEYCODE_RSHIFT) && !keyboard_pressed(KEYCODE_LCONTROL) && !keyboard_pressed(KEYCODE_RCONTROL) && input_ui_pressed(IPT_UI_SHOW_FPS))
- Nicola Salmoria changed MAME so the -profiler switch is no longer needed to enable the profiler in the DOS version, it is automatically turned on and off when you hit Shift+F11.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added