MAME 0.37b1 was released on 6 April 2000.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles fixed sprite colors in the MCR2 games, however overlapping sprites are still wrong.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed colors and stars in the Astrocade games (Gorf, Wizard of Wor, etc.).
- Zsolt Vasvari emulated the saucer sound in Space Invaders - sample no longer used (the other samples are still required).
- Phil Stroffolino and Nicola Salmoria added support for a priority buffer, updated by tilemap.c, which can be used to draw sprites using the new function pdrawgfx(). This allowed to fix many tile/sprite priority bugs e.g. in Ajax, Lightning Thunder, Simpsons, Vendetta, Punk Shot, Gradius III and others.
- Phil Stroffolino changed the API for tilemap_mark_tile_dirty() and the get_tile_info hooks, now a single parameter tile_index is used instead of (col,row). A function passed to tilemap_create() does the (col,row)->tile_index mapping, two standard functions are provided for the common cases. All drivers have been converted to the new API except for namcos2.c, which is therefore broken at the moment.
- New GAME_UNEMULATED_PROTECTION flag.
- Tatsuyuki Satoh changed 6803/63701 external port writes to no longer set to 1 the bits that are set as inputs in the DDR register. Instead, they are set to the value returned by a read from the port.
- Updated all memory handlers to the new READ_HANDLER()/WRITE_HANDLER() macro declarations. The old "function(int offset,int data)" style must not be used anymore.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added