MAME 0.37b16 was released on 2 July 2001.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Uki fixed colors and other stuff in ninjakun.
- Shiriru fixed sprite priorities in CPS2 games.
- Stefan Jokisch fixed incomplete first credit sound in MetalB and other F2 games, and bonzeadv player shoot sound.
- Nicola Salmoria decrypted the Seibu sound CPU, giving sound in raidena, dynduke, toki, cabal.
- Aaron Giles added a new command line parameter to the Windows port: -effect <string>
- -effect none: no blitting effects
- -effect scan25: 25% scanlines
- -effect scan50: 50% scanlines
- -effect scan75: 75% scanlines
- -effect rgb3
- -effect rgb4
- -effect rgb6
- -effect rgb16
- -effect rgbtiny
- -effect rgb4v
- -effect scan75v
- New subdirectory "includes" for driver-specific header files.
- Phil Stroffolino added new flags for the tilemap subsystem: TILE_SWAXY and TILE_4BPP. Also added tile_info.skip. SET_TILE_INFO() now has a third parameter (flags), tilemap_set_transmask() sets independently the transparency masks for the front and back layer, and tilemap_draw() can be called with a NULL tilemap (in that case, only the priority bitmap is updated).
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added