MAME 0.37b5 was released on 28 July 2000.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- David Graves made lots of improvements to the Taito F2 driver.
- New video flag VIDEO_NEEDS_6BITS_PER_GUN to indicate to the OS dependant layer that a 16-bit display is not enough to reproduce the whole game's palette and a 24-bit display is preferred.
- CAB added support for compressed PCM playback in the C140 emulator.
- Aaron Giles added YMZ280B sound emulation, used by the Cave games.
- Ernesto Corvi added ADSP2105 cpu emulation, used by Mortal Kombat 2 sound.
- Juergen Buchmueller added new functions in cpuintrf.c: cpu_get/set_cycle_table(), cpu_set_irq_callback().
- Nicola Salmoria added a new graphic primitive copyrozbitmap(). This replaces copybitmapzoom() which was a special case. A side effect is that, thanks to the better precision, the boxer on the Punch Out hall of fame looks much better.
- Nicola Salmoria abstracted the Taito F2 gfx chip emulation to vidhrdw/taitoic.c (there's also some non-gfx chips in there). There are many other Taito games using these chips.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added