MAME 0.37b7 was released on 5 September 2000.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Juergen Buchmueller fixed the Pokey emulation so that the Tempest reset bug is fixed, this time for real and forever.
- Important for porters: changes to the dirty marking system. The blitting code was previously required to support two types of dirty marking: a "correct" one, used for vector games, where only the screen portions marked dirty during the current frame should be copied to the video card; and a "wrong" one, relying on a hack, where the blitter was also required to remember the dirty regions from *previous* frame, and copy those as well. Only the "correct" one is left, which should somewhat simplify dirty handling in the OS dependant code. Moreover, the code must not check for VIDEO_TYPE_VECTOR to know whether to use dirty marking: it must check only VIDEO_SUPPORTS_DIRTY, which is set for vector games.
- Important for porters: the HAS_XXX constants for cpu and sound emulation are no longer #defined in cpuintrf.h if they were not already defined. They are set by the makefile (rules.mak). If you are not using that in your port, you'll have to make sure that all constants are initialized somewhere.
- Removed osd_led_w(); instead, an additional leds_status parameter is passed to osd_update_video_and_audio(). Drivers now have to use set_led_status().
- Added VIDEO_PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO_2_1, this should be honored by the OS dependant code just like VIDEO_PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO_1_2.
- Mathias Rosenhauer changed backdrops so they are handled by the core like overlays, specific support in the drivers is no longer necessary.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added