MAME 0.60 was released on 1 May 2002.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Angelo Salese fixed disappearing enemies in later levels of Batsugun.
- Acho A. Tang improved Irem GA20 emulation, used by M92 games.
- Acho A. Tang fixed the colors in Wec Le Mans and wrong graphics in Hot Chase.
- Hau made several fixes to nemesis.c.
- Ron Fries added support for external configuration files for special controllers; this replaces the -hotrod and -hotrodse options. See ctrl.txt for the detailed explanation.
- Aaron Giles added a new function memory_set_unmap_value(), to specify the value returned when an unmapped memory address is read.
- Jarek Burczynski completely rewrote the YM3812/YM3526/Y8950 emulation, verified on the real chip.
- osd_opl_control() and osd_opl_write() removed; direct access to the SoundBlaster OPL chip is no longer useful.
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added