MAME 0.78u1 was released on 4 January 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Quench fixed OKI Sound (and a few other things) in the following games:
- Bakuretsu Breaker
- Funny Bubble
- R. Belmont added full Sound and Music in Asura Blade
- Stefan Jokisch added additional unused PROMs to the following games:
- rallyx (rallyx.c)
- acedrvrw (namcos22.c)
- millpac (centiped.c)
- sci (taito_z.c)
- Stefan Jokisch made various Updates to the Moon Patrol driver:
- added the new PROM dump for the Williams set
- changed the size of the PROM dump for the IREM set
- renamed ROMs
- converted the driver to the tilemap system
- simplified background drawing by creating a 256x64 gfx layout
- - minor fixes to the video section based on schems
- Tomasz Slanina fixed Mobile Suit Gundam EX Revue:
- hooked up EEPROM (68301 parallel port) and added EEPROM initialisation
- added missing language selection dipswitch
- Mariusz Wojcieszek improved the ST-V Emulation:
- Changes to sprites color calculation. I fixed it using in color bank modes by using color offset register from VDP2. Now shienryu kludge is no longer needed and also sprite colors in Winter Heat and Virtua Fighter Kids are correct.
- Changes for Princess Clara Daisakusen (prikura) so that game is playable now (as far I tested it).
- Prikura tried to render distorted sprites with xsize = 0 or ysize = 0 and this caused crash. As these values are prohibited according to manual, I ignore distorted sprites with xsize = 0 or ysize = 0.
- I found that missing MINIT for slave to run the sprites is done by using address 0x01406f40 instead of 0x01000000. I'm not sure if my change is a hack or real hardware behaves in that way, but in my opinion it is possible that whole range of addresses (0x01000000 - 0x017fffff) is used for MINIT. I added MINIT only for one address used by prikura.
- Bad sprite colors were fixed in point 1.
- Small change for vdp2: commented out a call to usrintf_showmessage().
- Bryan McPhail improved Data East MLC: many aspects of the Video Rendering have been improved, Avengers in Galactic storm is playable with some characters now, however there seems to be a CPU core bug affecting various aspects of the game, most notably the flipping of Captain America. Help tracking down and fixing this would be welcome. Several Non-Working sets were also added.
- Aaron Giles made an update to allow drivers to dynamically change the refresh rate during execution
- Nicola Salmoria cleaned up the Namco 8080 driver:
- merged geebee.c and warpwarp.c since they are variations of the same hardware design. drivers/geebee.c, machine/geebee.c and vidhrdw/geebee.c are no longer needed.
- renamed Navalone -> Navarone. I guess that's the correct name, as in "the guns of Navarone".
- renamed kaitein -> kaitei and kaitei -> kaiteik; made the Namco set the main one. I don't recall if this was already discussed, but I believe kaiteik is a prototype developed by a third party and sold to Namco, where it was completely rewritten.
- fixed inputs and dip switches in all games.
- fixed "ball" size in sos and kaitein - the harpoon in kaitein no longer looks like a rock.
- removed a hack in Warp Warp that didn't draw the ball in the bottom left corner. The flyer confirms that the ball is supposed to be there.
- Nathan Woods made misc fixes:
- Adds workaround for deficiency in Metrowerks compiler in chd.c
- Adds a few more instruction declarations
- Adds a call to retrieve CPU feature flags from CPUID
- Compiler specific assembler code for feature reading replaced by call added above
- Paul Priest changed the source so BIOS Roms no longer need to be added to info.c
- Brian Troha fixed Final Lap 2 so it now loads the right object roms
- Mamesick removed a few IPF_CHEAT in toaplan drivers so mame doesn't hide the dipswitches
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Games / Sets Removed
- New Rally-X (vertical hack)