MAME 0.81u5 was released on 14 April 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles removed the vblank callback logging left in by mistake
- Aaron Giles fixed the slow Seattle boot times caused by a recent IDE change
- Aaron Giles made a DCS2 upload command HLE optimization (to make driver easier to work with)
- Aaron Giles contributed fixes for the MIPS core:
- made more MIPS core interrupt fixes
- MIPS core MIPS3DRC_FLUSH_PC option for accurate PC handling when debugging
- Fixed a MIPS bug when directly accessing 2-byte values in big endian mode
- Aaron Giles updated the Seattle driver:
- improved VBLANK interrupt handling
- cleaned up handling of DMA operations
- DMA operations now properly pause if they can't write to the voodoo
- now returning proper PCI IDs for the bridge device
- mapped more inputs and DIP switches for Biofreaks
- fixed clock speed for Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
- cleaned up memory maps
- added Vapor TRX to the supported games
- added entries for Hyperdrive and SF Rush: The Rock (no hard disks ATM)
- added faux support for setting the real time clock (to pass diags)
- added shuffle map for Vapor TRX
- implemented crude loopback in UART (to pass diags)
- added full memory FIFO emulation
- removed hack for fastfill operations after a buffer swap
- added compile time option to reduce the resolution
- added client callbacks for VBLANK synchronization
- cleaned up handling of statistics and debugging info
- added optional R/B component swapping (for vaportrx)
- fixed crashing problems when executing Midway POSTs
- now dynamically computing refresh rate based on hSync/vSync registers
- David Haywood improved Raiden 2 Sprite Drawing: Game still not playable due to banking / protection issues
- Nathan Woods contributed misc fixes:
- Added __attribute__((noreturn)) to osd_die() when compiling under GCC 2.5 and greater
- Converted printf()/exit() combination of calls to osd_die()
- osd_die() messages now get sent to both logerror and console output
- Implemented i386 in/out instructions
- ElSemi improved lighting in the Model 1 driver
- Ville Linde updated the SPI System:
- Applied text layer decrypt to the regular tiles, it also improves them a lot
- Greatly improved tilemap emulation including scrolling, layer disables, etc.
- Improved tilemap emulation further, including tile bank select and palette bank select.
- Supports alternate (older?) video hardware in viperp1 with one fewer tilemap and a different VRAM layout.
- Added mahjong keyboard controller for ejanhs, but it doesn't coin up yet.
- Improved sprite drawing
- Sound starting to work in the single-board rf2_us
- R. Belmont cleaned up the Konami GX driver:
- Removed Acho's fake dipswitches to avoid confusing real PCB owners
- Unified and cleaned up memory maps to latest specs.
- Some more protection emulation for rushhero (the spritelist is now copied to the right place), but no visible results
- Removed unused routines to stop warnings on GCC 3.3+
- Fixed the PSAC tile decode for type 3 and type 4 games.
- Fixed the PSAC tilemap flipx/y flags for type 3.
- Curt Coder made Rock-ola Improvements:
- More cleanup
- Added sn76477 interfaces to other games, not connected yet, needs discrete sound expert (wink wink)
- Added vanguard SHOTB sound effect
- Added NO_DUMP to vangrdce fake roms
- Correct ROM names for nibbler from manual
- Barry Rodewald improved the MegaPlay driver allowing it to pass more checks
New games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING