MAME 0.81u7 was released on 22 April 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- smf fixed a couple of issues with hard disks without checksums
- Brian Troha corrected DIP switches for Karate Blazers, Turbo Force, Raiden 2
- Ville Linde updated the SPI / 386 drivers:
- Added the missing keys to E-Jan
- Added layer enable register
- Wrote a new i386 disassembler. Dasm386 wasn't always showing stuff correctly, and now the i386 core can be compiled without i86.
- Preliminary Dallas DS2404 (RTC/CMOS) emulation
- Added 93C46 eeprom to RF2 single and RF2 2K. It's not hooked up though.
- Improved i386/z80 interleaving. This should help with the small pauses.
- Fixed some stuff in the i386 core. These don't seem to affect the SPI games, but should help with MESS
- Nathan Woods improved i386:
- Added a check enabled when MAME_DEBUG is defined that raises an error if the CPU core executed a negative cycle count
- Fixed a bug in i386_set_info() when changing the EIP register
- Fixed some compilation errors under non-GCC compilers
- Implemented ES, BOUND, DAA, DAS, AAS, INSB, INSW, OUTSB, OUTSW, LES, LDS, HLT, LSS, LFS, LGS, IMUL with a 32 bit adjustment,
- Ville Linde improved the i386 core:
- added DS and SS segment prefixes. renamed fs,gs -> segment_FS, segment_GS
- added INTO opcode
- regression tested and fixed AAS opcode (incorrect behavior in Intel docs)
- added AAA opcode (with correct behavior)
- added AAD and AAM opcodes
- added CMC opcode
- added SETALC opcode which is undocumented
- removed a non-existing PUSH8 opcode from groupFE_8.
- regression tested and fixed SHLD and SHRD opcodes
- fixed AF flag calculation
- fixed AF flag in SUB and DEC opcodes
- smf made Beatorizer (bootleg) improvements
New games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING