MAME 0.85 was released on 7 August 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont fixed sprite vs. tilemap priority and sprite vs. tilemap positioning for the FL games.
- Aaron Giles hooked up the player 3 trackball in Rampart.
- Robert Flory fixed the Superman frame rate to match a real PCB.
- El Condor added conditional coinage to a number of games.
- Aaron Giles fixed bug with new command line options when using -createconfig.
- Aaron Giles changed the way the remapping works in the ctrlr .cfg files so that it works more like the way the old system did.
- Nathan Woods made some MESS-specific additions to the new input configuration code.
- Logiqx added a sourcefile attribute to the -listxml output.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug that prevented default controls that were set to "None" from saving/restoring properly.
- Aaron Giles added a feature to the general input settings so that if you hit Esc to cancel setting a new input sequence, it toggles between "None" (old behavior) and the default. This is similar to the change that went into u6 for the game-specific inputs.
- Aaron Giles fixed the load order for ctrlr files so that they don't stick in the default.cfg if you switch between ctrlrs.
- Aaron Giles renamed the paddle/adstick/pedal/dial/trackball/lightgun default device selection options to paddle_device/adstick_device/pedal_device/dial_device/trackball_device/lightgun_device to prevent naming conflicts.
- Aaron Giles added a new port type IPT_OTHER to use for controls that don't map in a standard way. Modified all the Mahjong games to use this instead of 0 for the port type, and changed the UI to recognize this and show it in the game-specific inputs.