MAME 0.85u1 was released on 10 August 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Mamesick fixed input port definition errors in megasys1.
- Iñigo Luja fixed input port definition errors in tnzs.
- Aaron Giles fixed input port definition errors in taitosj, galaxian.
- Aaron Giles changed 720' controls to use an analog joystick instead of a dial so that the original controller motion can be replicated. Thanks to MAME Analog+ for the logic.
- Iñigo Luja added conditional DIP switches to rallyx, mcatadv, galpanic.
- Aaron Giles fixed loading of ctrlr files so that they actually take effect now.
- Aaron Giles fixed bug preventing saving of lightgun control changes.
- Aaron Giles changed all the analog mapping defaults back to 'keyboard' as the default values were confusing people.
- Aaron Giles added the ability for analog axes to return "invalid" as a value from the OSD layer, allowing them to dynamically disable themselves. Using this feature, the Windows version now autodetects analog versus digital axes and dynamically disables the analog values if it thinks you are using a digital axis. Note that this even works if you have a "switchable" gamepad.
- R. Belmont fixed a debugger crash when using F10 with the i960 core.
- René Single cleaned up some #ifdef MESS and united the two definitions of my_stricmp.
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status