MAME 0.86u3 was released on 3 September 2004.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont made some regression fixes for Starblad and Simpsons:
- restored polygon drawing in starblad
- corrected clocks in simpsons
- R. Belmont improved the Namco Classics driver: Added H8/3002 MCU and C352 sound chip. Both ncv1 and ncv2 are now fully playable with full sound and music.
- David Haywood improved the Hyper Neogeo 64 driver: I won't be doing much work on this again until I buy some more RAM so don't expect too much. Needs a kludge in the MIPS core so the changes aren't very visible in a normal build (details of the required kludge are in the source)
- R. Belmont fixed the H8/3002: fixed btst #imm, @Rn instruction - it was giving reversed results, which crashed ncv2's MCU program.
- R. Belmont updated the Namco C352: Many many fixes to wave start/end/bank handling plus added chain mode support. Thanks to cap @ VivaNonno for the tips.
- R. Belmont updated CHDMAN:
- This makes the parser deal with .toc files output by current cdrdao better. I need to just give in and rewrite it for 2-pass operation sometime, it'll be much cleaner then.
- Incidentally, if anyone has any idea where to get specs for e.g. CloneCD or some other popularish image format(s) let me know and I'll add support.
- Aaron Giles fixed random key mapping bugs with the new config system
- Aaron Giles fixed some input ports:
- reversed pedals now work correctly (e.g., brake in Hard Drivin')
- all relative controls (dial, trackball, mouse) scale the same regardless of the number of bits allocated for that port
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added