MAME 0.94u5 was released on 22 March 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Changes from Aaron Giles
- fixed missing sound in rachero/abcop
- used explicit sync to get rid of high interleave on loffire
- marked 317-0136.key bad until Nicola fixes it
- marked loffire as working now that the divide chip is better
- segaic16.c: fixed several divide chip behaviors, fixing loffire and gprider
- divide by zero just returns the divisor (needs to be verified)
- mode 1 divides are unsigned
- divides are only triggered by a write with A4 set
- midvunit.c: turned off debugging code in the hotspots, giving a HUGE speed improvement to the V-unit games (d'oh!)
- Changes from Angelo Salese
- Fixed Pachinko Gindama Shoubu sets (Normal and DX) and added specific controls to them. Games are now playable but with a hack on the backup ram,I don't know what's going on, probably it's just missing nvram emulation.
- Reorganized a bit the memory map in the driver.
- Added two new functions for the YM2413 sound chip, YM2413_register_port_0_msb_w() and YM2413_data_port_0_msb_w(),they are used by pkgnsh.
- Fixed Funny Strip sprite graphics.
- Improved the MCU protection code for Mahjong Daireikai & fixed various ROM loading issues now more graphics are correctly displayed.
- Changes from Derrick Renaud
- dominos - updated discrete sound to the new component value code
- clowns - added coin counter and proper watchdog.
- Added discrete emmulation for music and balloon popping.
- clowns - added discrete emulation of the springboard hit
- clowns - fixed dipswitches
- firetrk, montecar, superbug - updated to use new 7492 counter. Changed adjusters so frequency goes higher when adjusted to the right.
- Changes from Nathan Woods
- 6502 CPU:
- Implemented dasmflags
- Minor cleanups
- Removed RUNTIME_LOADED cruft
- Changes from Nicola Salmoria
- Updated FD1094 documentation
- Corrected Shisen 2 visible area (it was too small)
- Changes from Pierpaolo Prazzoli
- Fixed dipswitches in Shisen 2
- Fixed transparency issue in Buccaneers
- Changes from Sebastien Volpe
- Minor update to SRMP6 driver, adding dips and updating the memory map.The GFX format on this hardware is still not understood, however the chip used could be related to the ST0016 chip.
- Update to the Kaneko drivers, loading correct roms for Blood Warrior
- Ville Linde updates the Model 3 video emulation - improves rendering on all the games that currently run.
- Brian Troha added DIP switches to Risky Challenge, Pushman, Olibochu, and Funny Strip
- Chack'n fixed ROM names in Shadow Dancer sets
- Hans Andersson updated discrete sound to the new component value code in sprint1/sprint2
- R. Belmont fixed a problem with Nemesis sound created during sound rewrite
- Added P3 Controls to Gain Ground and fixed DIPs
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING