MAME 0.97u2 was released on 19 June 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
- Aaron Giles
- Andrew Church
- Brian Troha
- Corrado Tomaselli
- David Haywood
- Frank Palazzolo
- Mathias Rosenhauer
- Nathan Woods
- Nicola Salmoria
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli
- R. Belmont
- Ville Linde
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles notes that System 32 games are seriously under construction now. Do not report any bugs against them. The Multi-32 games are even more broken.
- Krick fixed the Windows build so it works again on Windows 95.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli added priorities, fixing 3rd level in The Combatribes.
- Sonikos updated the sound balancing in donpachi, manzinger, metmqstr and pwrinst2.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed video problems in ninjaw, which broke with the new colscroll addition.
- Corrado Tomaselli changed the OKI volume in midres to match real pcb.
- Brian Troha fixed the protection in World Class Bowling v1.40 Tournament.
- Andrew Church fixed the NES PPU video timing.
- Nathan Woods fixed the usage of change_pc() in PowerPC core.
- Ville Linde made improvements to the SHARC CPU core:
- Correct IRQ handling
- Many more opcodes, including floating-point
- Ville Linde made improvements to the Konami PPC games:
- Fixed Gradius 4 data ROM mapping
- Fixed PPC/SHARC communications
- Fixed NVRAM protection on some games
- Stubbed out LAN interface
- Frank Palazzolo fixed the Space Raider graphics 100%.
- Frank Palazzolo cleaned up the starfield code and fixed/added starfields to Space Raider, Zero Hour, and Red Clash.
- Mamesick reapplied the fix for bad shadows in Dyna Gears.
- Mathias Rosenhauer fixed the way the VIA 6522 shift register was implemented to get rid of the previous hacky way.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed the remaining gfx problems in Championship Bowling.
- Nathan Woods added code to flush error.log every time the debugger is entered.
- Nathan Woods implemented the MCRXR instruction in the PowerPC core.
- Aaron Giles added step in/out support to the v60 disassembler.
- Aaron Giles added support for character constants in the expression engine.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING