MAME 0.97u3 was released on 26 June 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
- Aaron Giles
- Angelo Salese
- Brian Troha
- Bryan McPhail
- Chris Hardy
- Corrado Tomaselli
- David Haywood
- Luca Elia
- Nathan Woods
- Tomasz Slanina
- Ville Linde
- Wilbert Pol
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nathan Woods added some sanity checking, and changed a printf() to logerror() to intelfsh.c.
- Nathan Woods made the DRC PowerPC core compilable when HAS_PPC403 is 0.
- Ville Linde improved the Sega Model 3 driver:
- Fixed a bug in the MPC106 emulation -> Star Wars Trilogy and Sega Rally 2 work
- Ville Linde improved the PowerPC cores:
- Rewrote the interrupt handling in the interpreter core so it matches the DRC core
- Fixed MCRXR instruction
- Fixed some timebase problems, so LeMans 24 is now working.
- Angelo Salese made improvements to the MACS driver:
- Added some inputs to the MACS driver so that Yu-Jan works. Fixed the visible area in it.
- Also added a quick kludge for get Yu-Ka to work (Note: it's disabled by default).
- Corrado Tomaselli fixed the Oki frequency to match samples pitch on the pcb for Final Tetris.
- Aaron Giles fixed a crash in the debugger when decoding instructions that were too long.
- Luca Elia fixed a number of problems with Eagle Shot Golf, removing several hacks from the SSV driver along the way.
- Tomasz Slanina decrypted tilemaps in Dark Mist and added info about missing proms.
- Wilbert Pol fixed a minor bug in the TIA emulation, taken from the MESS code.
- David Haywood renamed Hollywood Action to Action Hollywood.
- Bryan McPhail made a major video update to Taito F3 driver that amongst other things properly implements zoom & column scroll according to how the hardware does it, which not only fixes glitches in various games but allowed many hacks to be removed also. Sprite & tilemap clipping is also implemented, as is proper priority mixing and alpha-blending on the vram and pixel layers.
- Aaron Giles fixed the exception handling and task switching in the V60 core.
- Quench added preliminary sound support for Action Hollywood.
- smf made improvements to the PSX CPU core:
- correct behaviour for a branch in a delay slot.
- added bios and syscall logging of all known functions & their parameters (writing to file descriptor 1 or putchar will output to the console)
- fixed disassembly of gte instructions.
- fixed dismips.mak
- Ville Linde did another overhaul on the PPC603 counters (timebase should increment once every four core clock cycles and decrementer should decrement once every four bus cycles).
- Brian Troha updated the Namco System 2 driver:
- Added Final Lap road clut prom to all Final Lap sets
- Made Final Lap 3 World the parent, new clone is finalp3j
- Added Final Lap's road clut to Four Trax (marked as bad_dump)..
- Changed SWS sound rom to match the other sets (sws92 & sws93)
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added