MAME 0.97u4 was released on 2 July 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles fixed the v60 SBR handling to ignore the low 12 bits. This allows the hack in tp2m32 to be removed.
- Mamesick adjusted the volume balance in ddragon3, ctribe, mugsmash.
- Brian Troha added correct sound ROMs to World Class Bowling Tournament and Deluxe.
- David Haywood replaced the old Outrun bootleg with a new dump that passes the ROM test and has proper ROM names.
- Nathan Woods made more PowerPC improvements:
- Fixed exception handling; previously the MSR register was stored in EDX, and EDX is not preserved across the call to ppc_set_msr()
- Implemented recompile_fcmpo()
- Fixed certain rules in rules.mak (some said drc_ops.h instead of drc_ops.c)
- Commented the MSR_* values
- Moved BAT registers into their own structure
- Added DSI and ISI exceptions (non-DRC core only for now)
- Moved READ*/WRITE* functions into ppc_mem.c
- Changed memory handling so that reading and writing are done through function pointers that can be changed at runtime (which would be useful if, say a MMU was implemented in the future :-))
- smf made PSX/Namco System 12 improvements:
- Added Tenkomori Shooting
- Updated board notes from Guru.
- Removed rom patches from the namco system 12 driver
- Renamed sound program roms.
- Added support for dma'ing incomplete blocks from MDEC
- Added sprites x & y flipping
- Caches the decoded tpage fields.
- mask setting & dma setup updates status fields correctly.
- reverse flag only has an effect on original GPU's.
- Ville Linde made yet another fix to the PowerPC counters, reimplementing them from scratch.
- Ville Linde improved the Model 2 driver:
- Added the second SHARC
- Fixed all the problems caused by the previous update
- David Haywood improved the Lethal Enforces sprites, allowing 2 sprite chips to be created.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the System 32 mixer to support accurate implementation of the alpha blending modes. Sprite shadows and several other effects are still not yet implemented. And it's much slower than before.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING