MAME 0.98u4 was released on 4 August 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles improved the MCR games:
- Hooked up cassette sample in Journey
- Fixed sprite colors in Journey
- Consolidated the MCR 1/2/3 drivers and documented all the PCBs
- Aaron Giles added pause/resume support for sample playback.
- David Haywood made a bunch of changes/fixes to the deco156 drivers:
- hooked up EEPROM correctly
- fixed sound ROM decoding and banking
- fixed tile banking
- fixed video priorities
- Bryan McPhail fixed several bugs in the ARM core which break Captain America but fix some other issues.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed the question roms reading for Phraze Craze and fixed some loading based on new info discovered.
- MASH fixed sound effects in The Next Space.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING