MAME 0.99u8 was released on 9 September 2005.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Mariusz Wojcieszek made improvements to the ST-V driver:
- dma: added another checking for dma parameters
- stv: changed v-blank timing
- vdp1: implemented two framebuffers and flipping
- vdp1: added manual changing and erasing of framebuffers
- vdp1: added manual trigger for drawing
- vdp1: mapped framebuffer into memory (for 16bpp only)
- vdp1: added shadow and half luminance for RGB sprites
- vdp2: fixed bitmaps scrolling (fixes bad gfx in batmanfr and bakubaku intro)
- vdp2: added preliminary window effect for tilemaps and sprite layer (for batmanfr)
- vdp2: added scaling for 8bpp and 15bpp bitmaps (fixes vmahjong and myfairld backgrounds)
- Aaron Giles made input port conditionals work more generically. This necessitated a bit of a minor reorg in the input port code. Please verify that controls work as before. This change has also required a modification to how analog ports are recorded, so existing INPs may not work.
- Aaron Giles added new functions memory_configure_bank() and memory_set_bank() which abstract bankswitching better. This allows current memory banking states to automatically be saved for drivers that use this feature. m62.c games have been updated to use this new feature as an example.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING