Frequently Asked Questions
Emulated System Guides
Chat on IRC
MAME on Twitter
MAME on Facebook
MAME on imgur
MAME on Instagram
Browse Source Code
Upload a File
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning
: in file
Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Laser Base / Future Flash
- Protection, 'Jaleco' like according to dox.
Task Force Harrier
- NMK protection, there was a closed source hack build that ran this, but without source it wasn't very useful.
- NMK protection, like jalmah.c, MCU shares ram, supplies random numbers, code etc. dox has PCB, but doesn't know what to trojan
Afega Shooter games
- Haze suspects this is a varient of NMK's protection (or a 'feature' of the board that acts as such) fully playable unless you leave them in attract mode in which case the controls die.
- equites.c hardware, hangs on some cpu comms at the moment, but if you skip past that it hangs on MCU check, it uses an alpha MCU, and uploads code for it (as do all equites.c games) it MIGHT be possible to emulate the MCU, as was done for some alpha games with an earlier MCU. currently MCU is simulated for equites.c games, but not this one.
- needs JPEG decompression chip emulating amongst other things (well .. everything)
- ROZ pitch doesn't make much sense.. at least it doesn't seem to quite fit into the way MAME wants to do things.
SSV Hardware . Joryuu Syougi Kyoushitsu (Japan)
- something is missing here, the extra processor does the AI for the game, but we still need v60 code. We have none.
SSV Hardware . Eagle Shot Golf
- missing raster effect on Sammy Logo
SSV Hardware . Dyna Gear
- missing raster effect on Title Screen
- general, missing CRT control regs.
Metro HW / rabbit.c . Rabbit
- Missing Sound, said to be some kind of ADPCM built into the imagetek chip.. also needs raster effects?
Metro HW / rabbit.c . Tokimeki Mahjong Paradise Dear My Love
- makes different use of the Video hardware.
- general, we currently have an ugly hack to invert the palette and tile data because each tilemap mixes 4bpp and 8bbp tiles, and the transparent pen is the high colour (255 / 15 depending on tile). tilemap.c doesn't currently support this, so all data is inverted to make transpen 0... this leads to a LOT of extra messy code in the driver, the palettes need to be inverted, the blitter writes need to be inverted etc. Would make sense to expand tilemap.c to support per-tile transpen...
- GFX problems, uses ARM7 CPU, port of Acorn Archimedes game.. not sure what the actual problem is
Zaccaraia - Galaxia
- rom mapping?
- V30 based, weird video chip with complex features probably blitter based, not understood.
Some Toaplan shooters (batsugun etc.)
- Need proper v25+ / v35+ cores, as they use the extra features..
- Brick Zone, Spark Man, Star Fighter - Decryption / protection / banking errors...
Pettan Pyuu (Japan) / Bam Bam
- protection MCU.. seems to be a data (or code?) ROM for it tho.
Search for the Magical Error
- mostly 'playable' but CPU comms issues means it takes forever between some scenes.
metro.c / Bang Bang Ball
- has an annoying bug whereby if you press a button during screen fades it goes into slow motion..
MSX based game . Super Free Kick / Spin kick
- banking issues? can't get it to boot
MSX based game . Puzzle Star (Sang Ho) / Sexy Boom
- banking issues, gives wrong gfx..
- A skeleton was recently added, haven't been looked at.
Super Real Mahjong pt 6.
- Video hardware makes no sense at all, evolution of ST-0016?? No obvious tiles, or gfx data..
Tatakae! Big Fighter
- usual weird Nichibutsu hardware plus an extra 8751 MCU.
Table Tennis Championship
- V30 based, Banking issues, PIC for protection? or sound?
Nintendo Super System
- Menu system makes no sense at all.
- some kind of blitter for video?
Subsino . Last Fighting
- uses H8 CPU, seems to boot from external ROM, but it's said that the internal ROM is enabled, so it may use it for protection. Needs code studying / trojans (maybe).
Retrieved from ‘