MAME 0.78 was released on 25 December 2003.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Olivier Galibert added various System 24 improvements, fixing priorities, clipping issues etc.
- Bryan McPhail improved the Lightgun Code / Reload Handling
- '-lightgun' now enables the lightgun only - no button remapping is performed.
- '-reload' (formally '-offscreen_reload') is now needed for 2nd button presses to map to offscreen shots.
- '-dual' (formally '-dual_lightgun') adds support for the Actlabs Dual Lightgun setup, it may be used with and without '-reload' and it requires '-lightgun'. This mode attempts to automatically remap the player 1 & 2 buttons to suit the lightgun setup. If it doesn't work you probably need to delete the .cfg file for that game.
- Removed '(hack?)' from descriptions of newly added raizing games, stickers on the boards seem to indicate they are genuine Korean release versions.
- Aaron Giles contributed various Seattle + related updates
- MIPS3 core:
- fixed handling of condition codes so they are stored in CCR31 now
- fixed handling of CCR31 so that rounding modes are set correctly (in the DRC only)
- added support for Biofreaks
- fixed remaining issues in California Speed
- verified California Speed HDD dump (works in self test, not in boot ROM test)
- fixed timer change that broke Blitz 2000
- added proper PIC IDs for Wayne Gretzky and Mace
- IDE controller:
- fixed final sector handling for Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
- Midway IC:
- added sound auto acknowledgement option
- added new PIC mapping for Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
- fixed initial sound IRQ state
- fixed reporting of input full/output empty states
- added initial Voodoo 2 support
- removed hack to toss what I thought were bogus triangles
- improved W buffer handling
- improved accuracy of depth buffer handling
- smf updated the PSX core
- Fixed MVMVA disassembly
- SWC bit in SR is ignored
- Fixed MVMVA with LM bit set
- Added SQR & CC opcodes
- Added preliminary looped DMA detection
- Improved root counter emulation
- Improved SIO emulation
- Preliminary SPU emulation
- Preliminary screen flipping / blanking support
- Added GPU packet 41, 52 & 77
- Supports uploading 1024 pixel wide textures
- Resetting GPU sets default texture window
- R. Belmont added NCR 53CF96-2 SCSI controller emulation
- Tomasz Slanina added a ROM patch to fix sound cpu communication in Gundam Psycho Salamander - still need a real fix ..
- Curt Coder added misc fixes / tilemap conversions (prehisle, psychic5, tunhunt + more)
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING